Backtest a Trading Strategy - Bar by Bar Simulation

swagat86

CAn I simulate bar by bar on the chart so that I cans ee what I would have done in real time since it is very easily to get carried away when you see the right side of the chart.:)

yes u can. Try the bar replay feature in ami. its awesome.

tnx

You can delete the bars from right side backwards in Metastock by right clicking in X axis & change the date backwards ,are you looking for this ?

Swagat,
As ajay will also shift now from MS now i am feeling like the Fat lady feels after being complimented for her hour glass fig.

Asish
Ashish da,

truth abt sws and stock markets- if ur making money it doesnt matter which sw ur usin, which broker ur using, or which data feed. I know ppl who have never touched the computer but are sittin with crores of shares which they bot at 1000's.

So, cheers to Ashish da and Metastock jugalbandi.:D

U

uasish

Most of the memorable jugalbandis don't last as time progresses,however my limitation is i don't know any other s/w ,so no alternative,however this 'jugalbandi' is an appaelling word which will be best if you all engrave it on the grave stone after the inevitable demise of this jugalbandhi,only hope for me that my teacher may teach me again the new s/w.

U

uasish

I am (+)ve dear,ajay is there to teach me after he masters FDC , however will see that movie ,not to-day as there is a cricket match today maybe to-morrow evening.

You can delete the bars from right side backwards in Metastock by right clicking in X axis & change the date backwards ,are you looking for this ?

Swajat,
As ajay will also shift now from MS now i am feeling like the Fat lady feels after being complimented for her hour glass fig.

Asish
Actually I was looking for something automatic like it is AMibroker for backtesting so that I cannot get carrid away looking at the right side ! Just a question - If a hourly trading system is backtested for abt 2 years and shows good results, should it be considered tradeable. Hit ration is abt 75% with risk reward of 1:1.25

swagat86

Most of the memorable jugalbandis don't last as time progresses,however my limitation is i don't know any other s/w ,so no alternative,however this 'jugalbandi' is an appaelling word which will be best if you all engrave it on the grave stone after the inevitable demise of this jugalbandhi,only hope for me that my teacher may teach me again the new s/w.
if u can use meta any sw is easy. U know iwas thrown out of my computer class for not being able to write a program on Basic programming language. The point is iv been using computer sinc class 10th, so now i can use any sw or anythin.

Hey Ashish! Be positive.... see movie no entry

Then u will understand my meaning of " be positive" :)
B +ve :D

Thanks a lot - it really looks awesome and that was what I was looking for
use camtasia or snagit and record while u replay ur bars, that can be a very gud rehersal before trading.

U

uasish

I am truly pessimistic in r/r ratio ,i always half the reward & double the risk ,what the system reports ,say system reports 1:3 is to me it is practically 2:1.5 ,still ok ,that way we get enough confidence on the system on scarry situations.
With little extra effort can you make this system to 1:3 atleast.

jdm

dear friends,
yes equis is lousy in upgrading their software, but one can always build some addons to makeup for their deficiencies. equiswala allows us to do so. the best part of metastock is the strong "user community" behind it.

anyway theres a plugin for the "training mode" build by our friends from Thailand. the same can be downloaded from the site www.chaloke.com
register and go to the download section to get the app.

hope it helps.

cheers,
jdm.

dear friends,
yes equis is lousy in upgrading their software, but one can always build some addons to makeup for their deficiencies. equiswala allows us to do so. the best part of metastock is the strong "user community" behind it.

anyway theres a plugin for the "training mode" build by our friends from Thailand. the same can be downloaded from the site www.chaloke.com
register and go to the download section to get the app.

hope it helps.

cheers,
jdm.
It is in Thai language so can't understand a thing. Can you please download and the send to [email protected]

Thanks