Amibroker + COM and RDBMS concepts

mastermind007

??

Just mark the wrong lines in the editor and delete them all at once by using either CTRL + LMB or Shift + LMB. In addition there is a "Go to selected" button in quote editor. You click the wrong data in the chart and then you click that button. The selected bar data will be at the bottom of quote editor. And what editor of which software does display quotes of all symbols at once? No MT4, no NT, no MC, no MS.

Anyway if you want to fix quotes of multiple symbols at once then just use exploration and filter date range of wrong data. Then export the result list, delete current symbols of DB and re-import exported data. No need to use csv editor.

Besides there is an even simpler and unbeatably faster method (if you haven't saved data yet after wrong data was imported) -> open a second instance of Amibroker and then open that DB again, close first AB instance, click save DB in second instance and you are done. Everything is back to same state as it was before database was opened and filled with wrong data. Try that with any other software.
trash,

You've got a point there. No other charting software offers listing of data and correcting it from the same window is not even a consideration.

That said, what I tend to rely on while playing with incorrect data is sorting.
For fixing, the approach I had followed was similar to what you had outlined, except that I deleted wrong data from the text file and did not use filters of Amibroker as I was not even sure extent of flaw until I sorted the data.

Ultimately, each person tends to view/undertake correction efforts differently and given some UNIX background, I actually manage to get work done faster in text scripts.