AFL help needed to plot lines

Last edited:

casoni

added a version in which you can define a separate timeframe for the base pivots. For instance if you display 1 minute charts you can calculate the mase pivots in the 5 minute timeframe or 60 minute. This seems to filter out bad trades:

http://wisestocktrader.com/indicatorpasties/1426-gapfil

wow ..Superb... :clapping:
this will give us more confidence ,
i.e In HTF if we have Gap up , then Add more when price crosses LTF peak levels , will Study more and post my views
Many Many thanks for second update

wow ..Superb... :clapping:
this will give us more confidence ,
i.e In HTF if we have Gap up , then Add more when price crosses LTF peak levels , will Study more and post my views
Many Many thanks for second update

i still have to solve a few problems with this code. You have to fine tune it a bit for yourself. If you expect a gap zone and you do not see one then try to adjust the strength of the mini pivots to for instance 2 instead of 1 or adjust the Minimum gap factor to a lower number and see what works best

http://wisestocktrader.com/indicatorpasties/1428-gapfill3

dear,
i am getting this error...can you pls solve this....

since I am using GfxSetCoordsMode(1) you actually need the latest version of Amibroker, else code will not work.

about some zones that do not appear: if you set the timeframe for instance at 30 minutes in the Parameter window, while displaying 5 minute data then in some case the pullback pivot will already appear very fast below (or above) the breakout zone and actually you then want to use the next pullback pivot. This I still need to install. or you could solve it by adjusting the mini pivots to a higher number.

5 minutes charts in oil seem to work good with a timeframe set to 30 minutes, mini pivots set to 2

since I am using GfxSetCoordsMode(1) you actually need the latest version of Amibroker, else code will not work.

about some zones that do not appear: if you set the timeframe for instance at 30 minutes in the Parameter window, while displaying 5 minute data then in some case the pullback pivot will already appear very fast below (or above) the breakout zone and actually you then want to use the next pullback pivot. This I still need to install. or you could solve it by adjusting the mini pivots to a higher number.

5 minutes charts in oil seem to work good with a timeframe set to 30 minutes, mini pivots set to 2
Can you please modify the afl for Amibroker 5.3 version.
It will be useful for me and others using old version

Thanks

Thanks
that is a lot of work. I can make a version that just plots the double pivot zones, will do next few days. But this thread was about this gap type breakout. latest amibroker makes use of gfx functions easier. If I would convert it to earlier version I need to write a lot of additional code (since I would need to convert values to pixels) so I pass on that but will post the pivot breakouts next few days

casoni

Thanks
Hello indrag91,
I will suggest ,its better to Upgrade Amibroker , as Amibroker is very Low priced , FAST working , having excellent support , compared to other charting softwares.
Thank you

mastermind007

anyone managed to integrate Python with Amibroker other then via the COM server? E.g. via a dll that you can call Python functions from AFL, making use of all the Python libraries out there? I asked Amibroker but never got a reply so I guess that is a NO. I hope somebody will make some code to do this. Then I'll have some very interesting code
Do you mean from a C++ DLL? or C# DLL?