afl for drawing different time frames in one chart

hi dude
nice work

plz guide me how to plot 90 min chart in amibroker..............
Well, without the code you can do it via intraday settings. Go to Tools-Preferences-Intraday settings and instead of 10 minute or 30 minutes there just change one of them to 90 minutes.

And then on the chart choose it via right-clicking with mouse and going to intraday options in the context menu

And you can make a 90 minute button for the toolbar of Amibroker via Tools-Customize-Commands-View

Just watch the videos on Amibroker website

thanks this was useful except the price axis doesn't display the range of prices but instead numbers from 100 to 1600 or something.

Also the date x axis seems to not work. I have tried fixing it using below formula
_SECTION_BEGIN("Unnamed 10");
/*This will Plot monthly, weekly, daly, Hourly, 15 Minute, 5 Minute and 1 Minute charts in one chart but different panes. */
//================================================== ============================================
SetChartBkGradientFill(colorWhite,colorLightGrey,colorWhite);
Period= ParamList("Base","Monthly|Weekly|Daily|Hourly|15Minute|5Minute|1Minute",0);

if(Period=="Monthly"){
TimeFrameSet(inMonthly);
PlotOHLC(Open, High, Low, Close, "Monthly Price Chart", colorBlack, style = styleCandle | styleOwnScale);
Plot(V,"Volume",colorWhite, styleHistogram);
}
if(Period=="Weekly"){
TimeFrameSet(inWeekly);
PlotOHLC(Open, High, Low, Close, "weekly Price Chart", colorBlack, style = styleCandle | styleOwnScale);
}
if(Period=="Daily"){
TimeFrameSet(inDaily);
PlotOHLC(Open, High, Low, Close, "Daily Price Chart", colorBlack, style = styleCandle | styleOwnScale);
}
if(Period=="Hourly"){
TimeFrameSet(inHourly);
PlotOHLC(Open, High, Low, Close, "Hourly Price Chart", colorBlack, style = styleCandle | styleOwnScale);
}
if(Period=="15Minute"){
TimeFrameSet(in15Minute);
PlotOHLC(Open, High, Low, Close, "15Minute Price Chart", colorBlack, style = styleCandle | styleOwnScale);
}
if(Period=="5Minute"){
TimeFrameSet(in5Minute);
PlotOHLC(Open, High, Low, Close, "5Minute Price Chart", colorBlack, style = styleCandle | styleOwnScale);
}
if(Period=="1Minute"){
TimeFrameSet(in1Minute);
PlotOHLC(Open, High, Low, Close, "1Minute Price Chart", colorBlack, style = styleCandle | styleOwnScale);
}
_SECTION_END();

but i am pretty useless.

Actually I am looking to use this with indicators and timesetexpand the indicators to work in the panes across different time frames. Also with bollinger bands etc although this seems quite long winded.

My other solution if you are still reading :)
... is to try implement what trash has done here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPveV7cPnWA

and here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPveV7cPnWA

whereby he has some implication of equalize x range and some OLE that I understand nothing about.

If there is some way to use equalize x range and open groups of charts and then sync I might get somewhere with this.

I would like to leave some links and i might try open a new thread about this. if you are willing to help me please pm me but syncing different time frames like mentioned in this thread is extremely useful for different sheet analysis for purely switching between time frames except as mentioned the x and y axis does not seem to work and then it is just a case to master timeframe expand and restore to overlay indicators etc any one got any pointers?

Last edited:

Gaur_Krishna

Hi Diamond,

Multiple Time Frame analysis is important topic and deserves a thread. Looking forward your new thread on Multiple TF in Ami Charts, Amibroker AFL :thumb:

All the best....

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna

thanks this was useful except the price axis doesn't display the range of prices but instead numbers from 100 to 1600 or something.

Also the date x axis seems to not work. I have tried fixing it using below formula
_SECTION_BEGIN("Unnamed 10");
/*This will Plot monthly, weekly, daly, Hourly, 15 Minute, 5 Minute and 1 Minute charts in one chart but different panes. */
//================================================== ============================================
SetChartBkGradientFill(colorWhite,colorLightGrey,colorWhite);
Period= ParamList("Base","Monthly|Weekly|Daily|Hourly|15Minute|5Minute|1Minute",0);

if(Period=="Monthly"){
TimeFrameSet(inMonthly);
PlotOHLC(Open, High, Low, Close, "Monthly Price Chart", colorBlack, style = styleCandle | styleOwnScale);
}
if(Period=="Weekly"){
TimeFrameSet(inWeekly);
PlotOHLC(Open, High, Low, Close, "weekly Price Chart", colorBlack, style = styleCandle | styleOwnScale);
}
if(Period=="Daily"){
TimeFrameSet(inDaily);
PlotOHLC(Open, High, Low, Close, "Daily Price Chart", colorBlack, style = styleCandle | styleOwnScale);
}
if(Period=="Hourly"){
TimeFrameSet(inHourly);
PlotOHLC(Open, High, Low, Close, "Hourly Price Chart", colorBlack, style = styleCandle | styleOwnScale);
}
if(Period=="15Minute"){
TimeFrameSet(in15Minute);
PlotOHLC(Open, High, Low, Close, "15Minute Price Chart", colorBlack, style = styleCandle | styleOwnScale);
}
if(Period=="5Minute"){
TimeFrameSet(in5Minute);
PlotOHLC(Open, High, Low, Close, "5Minute Price Chart", colorBlack, style = styleCandle | styleOwnScale);
}
if(Period=="1Minute"){
TimeFrameSet(in1Minute);
PlotOHLC(Open, High, Low, Close, "1Minute Price Chart", colorBlack, style = styleCandle | styleOwnScale);
}
_SECTION_END();

but i am pretty useless.

Actually I am looking to use this with indicators and timesetexpand the indicators to work in the panes across different time frames. Also with bollinger bands etc although this seems quite long winded.

My other solution if you are still reading :)
... is to try implement what trash has done here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPveV7cPnWA

and here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPveV7cPnWA

whereby he has some implication of equalize x range and some OLE that I understand nothing about.

If there is some way to use equalize x range and open groups of charts and then sync I might get somewhere with this.

I would like to leave some links and i might try open a new thread about this. if you are willing to help me please pm me but syncing different time frames like mentioned in this thread is extremely useful for different sheet analysis for purely switching between time frames except as mentioned the x and y axis does not seem to work and then it is just a case to master timeframe expand and restore to overlay indicators etc any one got any pointers?