20% ROI per month on captial above 1 Cr possible?

checkmate7

I am sure availability of IE0D data issue can be resolved,
although the public data available / shared will not be clean and bug free
but as we are also testing it visually / manually, these gaps can be spotted and corrected/ignored

It was concluded that the core magic to this would be the filtering methodology / process
Out of 100 odd scrip from our trading universe, short list 10 odd expected super performers for the day
Take the first 5 trades that trigger.

For data I had this old link stored, not sure how clean it is
can check it out during the week-end,
or maybe someone will share something even better

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8e3dtbFwQWUZ1I5dklCMmE5M2M
Yes this link is universal here for data :D ... I have been using it earlier.

Yes core magic is filtering process of stock but the thing is we technical people dont get confidence if we dont backtest at exact stock universe which we would be using it in our trading...In this case may be 100stocks..

So did you get chance to test it on bigger set of stocks? How was the backtest result?

Yes this link is universal here for data :D ... I have been using it earlier.

Yes core magic is filtering process of stock but the thing is we technical people dont get confidence if we dont backtest at exact stock universe which we would be using it in our trading...In this case may be 100stocks..

So did you get chance to test it on bigger set of stocks? How was the backtest result?
Again not sure about the data but with 15 Minutes ORB on current 136 F&O Scrip the
coded ORB test gave a win/loss rate of just 27%, this includes all signals triggered
even the multiple zig-zags moves during the day, filtering these extra trades out
improves the win/loss to range of 40 odd %
adding some basic filters improves the win/loss by few percentage points, nothing big

Btw none of the combination gave me anything above 50% . . .

But even under 50% win/loss it will make a very good system . . .

Again as already suggested by the OP, we may have to
manually scan through 1000's of these trades . . . to increase the edge by few notches

marimuthu13

I think some misconception about stock selection, back testing here..

Checkmate -- you should not take one stock and test it for 10 years for some condition of entry/exit....

First assume you have condition , and filter etc etc..
Based on that condition, shortlist stocks for every individual day for 1 years data, once stocklist for 1 year ready, then do back testing manually....

Stock selection can be automated but back testing results should come from manual testing....

Example ..your condition of stock selection is gap up/ gap down with 1%..

Any given days , you may get more than 10 stocks ..now apply filter of based on higher % gaps, etc ..

Now you have stocks ..maximum 5 ..minimum 0...depending on market condition.....

After getting stocks for a year or so....now back testing to be started based your entry /exit rules...

As you test manually for a year data, you will redefining your entry/exit..etc...

rajesh.singh

Anyone trying to Backtest, then these are the few points might be useful. Breakouts per se is low Probability, including Opening Range, in respective of the time frame, if one is not aware about overall Context & Price Action.
First thing is to consider is Overall Context, specially last hour context, this itself will filter many bad trades , as Open is nothing but the extension of the previous day move. E.g if Previous two- three days are trend days on Daily charts, then proabability of success of range BO is High compare to if we have Trading Range kind of PA, where most of the BO will fails, so ignoring or fading the first BO ,a better play.
Second thing is Gap, as Gap can be Large, Medium or Small , again within the given context as Gap can be breakaway or exhaustion also. Most of the Gaps within the range of Previous day get filled, or Gap late in move will reverse , or Large Gaps expands wherein Small Gaps contracts, these are the few examples of Gaps...understanding of Gaps is Must in successfully trading the Open.
And Finally the First Opening Range Bar, here the kind of First Bar we have again this is one information we have that given day and we have to make decsion based on that first bar itself, as bar can be Trend Bar or doji or Bars with both side tails. On Trading Range Day , fading the doji or Bars with tails make more sense as most of the BO in TR Day will fail, so either fading or ignoring first BO will save many bad trades, wherein on Trend Days if first Bar is strong, increases the Probability.

Advantage of Trading Open are obvious as around 70% of the day Day High-Low determined in First two Hour, in that around 40% of the day within first 30 Minutes, so if one read it right then there is great Potential for the swing trade in the direection of the Move. Second Moves in Open are fast and big so again Great Math in terms of R:R
Good Luck.

I am making consistent profit in nifty, bank nifty and crude, 3.5 lac,3.5 lac and 4 lacs respectively for one lot since jan 2020, if interested, i will give u details
Good for you.

Welcome to Traderji.

All the members here participate to share knowledge. If you have something to share, please do so without waiting to be asked.