Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

Thank you for providing Tax P&L reports in the new backoffice. This is an excellent initiative by Zerodha and i hope every trader makes use of this report(s) to file their ITR returns correctly.

In the ITR return to be submitted to Income tax department, the breakup of Capital Gains has to be submitted as follows.

Upto 15/9 (i)
16/9 to 15/12 (ii)
16/12 to 15/3 (iii)
16/3 to 31/3 (iv)

However, the Tax P&L Statement generated on q.zerodha.com does not provide the above information.

Also, the detailed trade details i.e breakdown of trades are also not available. For example, in your Tax P&L report, an entry looks like below

# Symbol Buy qty Buy avg Buy price Sell qty Sell avg Sell price Realized Profit
1 NIFTYBEES 5,130 ₹580.99 ₹29,80,473.60 5,582 ₹613.67 ₹34,25,507.54 ₹1,67,654.97

In the ITR form one needs to fill in Full value of consideration and Cost of acquisition for Capital Gains. However, if the underlying breakup of trade details are not available, one cannot use the above information, as Sell price and Buy price does not equate to Full value of consideration and Cost of acquisition.
For example, in the above case Sell price(34,25,507) - Buy price(29,80,473) = 4,45,033 is different from realized gains i.e ₹1,67,654.

So, Full value of consideration and Cost of acquisition can't be found out, if underlying detailed data is not available. So, please make underlying trade breakup available for all Tax P&L reports, so that necessary information can be extracted accurately.
Thanks Prabu, will send this to the guys here..

I placed withdrawal request on Saturday. When it will be processed?

Nest mobile is very slow. Sometimes modifications takes lot of time. Today I missed golden opportunity because of slowness. Do you have plans to rectify?

I just opened my account with Zerodha. Account opening process was a pleasure and everything went well. Until today when I tried to access my Zerodha account online. Their claim on home page "First HTML5 online trading platform" was one of the reason to open an account beside the flat brokerage offer. I thought may be it was a problem with Chrome, then I tried in Firefox. I didn't expect from Zerodha that they would also ask their users to use "Crappy Internet Explorer". Well how am I supposed to access my trading account. I use Linux. I am a strict Linux only user and refrain from using any MS products. For the sole reason that there's no good CandleStick charting application for Linux for BSE/NSE I built my own charting application for personal use. Seriously I am tired from this topsy-turvy world. It all is giving me headache now and making me contemplate why am I writing this all. Have to install crappy Windows now. Sorry Zerodha, but this is very disappointing, after all the claims of being a revolutionary broker. It's ok that your company is kind of a startup per se, but why haven't you marketed your online trading application to be in a beta stage considered it isn't a cross browser/platform compatible. With thousands of web frameworks out there what does it takes to build true cross platform application beside effort and a good team, that a company like Zerodha can obviously arrange.

Anyway,everyone is such a Lebowsky in this country of ours! From TV,ISP's, Print Media,Retailers,Beuracrats,Middle Men(Dalals),Politicians,etc to our Transport systems receiving a scrupulous service is serendipity to be honest.
So it is not safe to trade with zerodha? Suggest??:confused:

TracerBullet

So it is not safe to trade with zerodha? Suggest??:confused:
If this is about Z5, then it seems to run ok for me in Linux. Its not very good for charting though and we are waiting for their inhouse software - Pi which will hopefully support Linux.
@Zerodha - Does Pi support Linux?

You can consider using some online chart like icharts on linux + Z5 for ordering. i think icharts should work as they use java plugin but i have never used it.

Else use ZT/Nest on windows. Nest isnt very good either but works and has more stuff than Z5.

Zerodha

I placed withdrawal request on Saturday. When it will be processed?

Nest mobile is very slow. Sometimes modifications takes lot of time. Today I missed golden opportunity because of slowness. Do you have plans to rectify?
Request placed on saturday is processed only on monday evenings..

Will get someone to check the mobile speed, are you using 3G?