Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

BTW, Z has instant transfer facility, with UnionBank ???
No, none of the brokers have this. I think it is because of Atom payment gateway, but not sure.

Anyway, in past, zerodha has credited my account on sending them the screenshot of the transfer/transaction number etc. Some other brokers also facilitate this.

NJ78

Union Bank has good front-end security (not sure of the back end). E.g., if you want to check your account balance through Netbanking, most banks send you an OTP for the same. In the case of UBI, you have to enter both an OTP (called activation code) and another user-defined passcode before you can check your balance. Mobile banking security is comparatively more lenient. I personally feel that Union is one of the better PSU banks.

NJ78

1) for opening new trading/demat account Aaadhaar is not required now ? As SC has orderded Aadhaar is not required.

2) also existing traders don't need to link Aadhaar with their trading/demat after new SC order?
From my experience, most brokers are still asking to seed the Aadhaar card because they contend that it's only a matter of time and they wouldn't want to have to collect them again at a later date (if/when) it becomes mandatory. A relative who wanted to open a fresh account was specifically told to submit the Aadhaar card as well.

cloudTrader

Different people at Zerodha deal with the problems. The initial reaction from their side was denial ("We do not ask the profits back so we will do nothing about the losses"). As this problem escalated, it reached the higher officers, who reacted in a different way.

Of course, this does not mean that they are problem free.

@cinderblock , I don't think that my position at TJ had anything to do with the resolution.
Good to know your account was restored, as it should have been. There is another guy on traderji ,okabira , who was having problem the same day when you faced this problem. He has not updated anything about what happened to his losses . I hope his problem also gets a positive resolution.