Zero Loss Strategy

Hi all,
Of all the stratergies which i have experimented over time the Equity- hedged short call ( sell call and buy a part of the lot on equity ) seems the most profitable and "almost zero" risk stratergy. for eg this month i sold sep series SBI 2950 at 30 odd and bought 15 shares of sbi(when SBi was at 2830) i am profitable till 3000 and on the downside till 2600, and even if sbi hits the bottom i will sell next month call and pocket the call priemium! if u insist on Nifty u can try between Niftybees and far call of nifty, however nifty call premiums are not that attractive!

rajsingh

Hi all,
Of all the stratergies which i have experimented over time the Equity- hedged short call ( sell call and buy a part of the lot on equity ) seems the most profitable and "almost zero" risk stratergy. for eg this month i sold sep series SBI 2950 at 30 odd and bought 15 shares of sbi(when SBi was at 2830) i am profitable till 3000 and on the downside till 2600, and even if sbi hits the bottom i will sell next month call and pocket the call priemium! if u insist on Nifty u can try between Niftybees and far call of nifty, however nifty call premiums are not that attractive!
So what do u do if SBI goes to say 3100??

:thumb:......................................
How is this?
Always sell option of next month. Ideal time to sell is first & 3rd week of contract month.
Sell Call of about 100-150 points below the current nifty level and Sell Put of about 100-150 points above the current nifty level.
Check-out the nearest support/resistance levels and decide the levels to go long or short. The difference between short and long level should not be more than 100 points.

Let us take a hypothetical scene.
Nifty is now trading between 5500- 5550. Immediate support was 5500 and resistance 5550. We sell 5400 call and 5600 put of September series.
During the next 2-3 weeks nifty either remain between 5500-5550, or go above 5550 or go below 5500 (any number of points) i.e. 3 probabilities are there, either nifty go down or go up or remain in the range.

1. If nifty goes above 5550 - go long in nifty and hold till it comes below 5550. Because if nifty goes above, premium of call of 5400 will start increasing but we will get more points from Nifty Future and premium of 5600 Put will erode fastly and that will be our profit.
2. If nifty goes below 5500 - go short at 5500 and hold till it comes above 5500. Because if nifty goes below, premium of put of 5600 will start increasing but we will get more points from Nifty short and premium of 5400 call will erode fastly and that will be our profit.
3. If nifty comes or remains between 5500-5550 after 2 weeks the premium of both the put and call will erode. Premium of both will keep on eroding day-by-day if nifty remains at current levels. At the time of expiry if nifty closes below 5500 and above 5550, we will have to give premium of about 300 points (difference between strike price of Put and Call sold, hypothetical) and even then, we will get profit of more than 180 points
Note : Read the call very carefully which means :

Go short in Nifty Future at 5500 and hold it for as many time or days as it remains below 5500. If it again comes at 5500, exit at this level. Under such situation, you won't gain even a single point in future, but you will get so many points in premium erosion.
Go long in Nifty Future at 5550 level and hold it for as many time or days as it remains above 5550 (whatever is the entry point). If it again comes at 5550, exit at this level. Under such situation, you won't gain even a single point in future, but you will get so many points in premium erosion.
Future Points level

These levels are neither support nor resistance levels. These are the points 20-25 away from the nifty spot level at the time of making position.

Rules: -

1 Work better for offline trade account
2 Do not enter before 9:30 and after 14:50 but Can exit any time
3 If Nifty open above the long point position (in case of gap up) then take the position and square off the position at same level. (similar rule for short)
4 If there are many whipsaws, then brokerage can be covered with the trade of 2 lot of Nifty. And one lot can be squared off after gaining profit.
5 Dont wait for the expiry, square off your all position when target is achieved.

Now how to manage gap up/down opening? As per current position, we have to short below 5500 or buy above 5550 (let us say). What should we do if tomorrow it opens gap up at 5570?

Under such instances you have to generally enter at around 9:05 and 9:15 hours in the next trading day according to the movement. Let's suppose, if monday Nifty opens at 5570 and at 9:05 and9:10, it reaches 5560. Go long at 5560 and hold till it comes down to 5560 either same day or in future. It means you have to short nifty at 5500 and Long at 5570 (instead of 5550). In such situation you won't having any position between 5500 and 5570. But if on some other day Nifty comes between 5500 and 5550, you again stick to earlier rule i.e. go long above 5550 and go short at 5500. Under such situation, our profit may be few points less, but we will never go in loss.

Hi miscos

The strategy you explain is rely traded best in a sideway market. I do not know, if you ever traded such strategies in reality in Nifty.

Linda Braschke uses some times some sort of your mentioned strategy. It is not the same way traded as you mentioned as it is each traders choice, to define by him self how she/he is going to change and implement the chosen and in details improved strategy.

Support and resistance levels are part of such strategy's.

The good thing with such strategies like the one you mentioned is the caped risk.

It is a typical hedge strategy and we hedge, to reduce our loses. It is no a guaranty, that we not make losses, but it is a guaranty, that our losses are limited.

Thanks for taking time to bring up a more advanced strategy.

Take care

DanPickUp
:thumb:

There is no zero loss strategy only probability of profit strategy. There is so many systems and anyone is ok to take a buy or sell decision it is how you manage your trade which will make you profit in the long run.
Simple the system easy to manage and make money.
Take for eg a D+>D_ with Trend indicator like ADX or MACD or r2 showing trend with parabolic sar + = Buy
opp sell.
Once u enter with 1/10 of money to be employed take next buy and sell signals without thinking.
Have a money management strategy like entry stop, Trailing stop, Profit targets in place.
Of course back test the strategy with softwares like metastock, Trend7, Ambibroker etc
and you are likely to make money.
Another way to make money with relative less risk is play on volatility of nifty against volatility of nifty stocks essentially a dispersion trade.
Or do plain arbitrage between cash and FO not in nifty but in stocks.
Or whatever stocks you have do arb between NSE and BSE.
Hope this helps

Dear all,

Is there anyone willing to suggest NIFTY options strategy with ZERO LOSS ?
If you want zero loss strategy then only arbitrage is there.

There are so many strategies in options with very less risk and minimum loss but there is no zero loss strategy. But you can protect and lock your profits in options using various strategies. You can also repair your trade even it went against you . You can do many wonders with options. Many years experience is needed. If somebody is caught in the wrong side , one can repair the trade and escape with minimum loss. Various adjustments need to be done in varying market conditions.
Protecting capital is important which you can do with options only.

Now a days markets are volatile and target hit many times after hitting stop loss. In options you can control your loss to great extent.

option fan

trust me........

I havent read any msge of this thread.. just couldent digest the title of the thread.......so.......posting my opinion..

"THERE IS NO ZERO LOSS STRATEGY"

there can be only max risk:reward ratio.

dont wait for huge profits fully... dont wait for targets... use hard stop loss.. dont trade uncertainity(overnight) out of pocket money..

thats the only principle I am following and making good money

trust me........

I havent read any msge of this thread.. just couldent digest the title of the thread.......so.......posting my opinion..

"THERE IS NO ZERO LOSS STRATEGY"

there can be only max risk:reward ratio.

dont wait for huge profits fully... dont wait for targets... use hard stop loss.. dont trade uncertainity(overnight) out of pocket money..

thats the only principle I am following and making good money
Sometimes, In options combining with future Buy/Sell Nifty Fut, Sell/Buy Call and
Buy/Sell put of same strike pricce you get sometimes guaranteed profit and zero loss strategy. You have to wait for the oppurtunity.

DanPickUp

Sometimes, In options combining with future Buy/Sell Nifty Fut, Sell/Buy Call and
Buy/Sell put of same strike pricce you get sometimes guaranteed profit and zero loss strategy. You have to wait for the oppurtunity.
Hi my friend

It is not so easy as you tell. There is no guarantee !! Never ! This are delta trades, what you speak about ! I am not sure, if you are sure about that :)

Delta of future is always 100 and delta of the itm, atm and otm options are always different. Never forget this ! Clear ?

Perhaps the most important point about risk with delta spread trades is that you got to choose your poison.

What does this mean ? You can choose by :

Time decay and volatility decline or
Price movements and volatility increase.
:D

It is after you. You always need to be aware of how your spreads ( option with future or even option with option ) behave relatively to the components of price, time and volatility.

Take care

DanPickUp