YATD - Yet Another Trading Diary

20.sum1

Expanding on above, I am reading Van Tharp's SuperTrader book now and I want to apply the concepts that I think I should be using..
Some of them are
-Viewing trades(p/l) in terms of R-multiple
-Getting out of perfectionismcomplexity complex which is to keep lookin for a better system instead of trading with a good enough one.
-Defining objectives
-Keeping a diary for review of trades,feelings etc

I have a part discretionary system which makes money when I do a bar-replay on it, however I am still to make money using it in real.

20.sum1

Trades were done on all three days.Till now only losses/almost breakeven trades.
With brokerage (which I do not mind for now) even more losses.
My aim right now is to take trades as I would do in simulation mode.

I did a lot of analysis on trades I took and looks like
Trade logic is mostly alright except for addition of one element which I am testing(I know I should not be testing when trading live but somehow I cant resist)
but
Problems come from
-Different pace of market in simul vs. real..(I did something about this problem..Lets see if it works).
-Not holding on to winners.For example today I was in loss.When the downmove began I was in at 32 with target of 95 zone(begin of Mondays move)..But when I was almost BE I got out at 20,where in fact I should have added.Similary about Monday as well.
-To be more confident on my system,I might have to run last 2 wks in simul..but that is a task for next few days.The last 2 weeks are sideways but my earlier simul was done on somewhat halting downmove.
- I had used 3 min chart with 300 period MA during my simul.But in live trading I found myself using all sorts of TF. I do not know whether MA is useful or not because even during simul I was not looking at it. So I removed it during live trades. Later when losses came I thought may be I am getting direction wrong because of MA so I reintroduced it.
The way I use MA is not through some rule but intutively it seems,sometimes even taking trades against MA slope etc.
-Although this new chapter is declared open from Monday but I did a few other loser trades earlier in month of Nov..So loss is somewhat more than these three days.
I will try to update my losing and winning here as well..Will make me more focused(and tense)

20.sum1

As far as (From earlier post) are concerned..

-Viewing trades(p/l) in terms of R-multiple=>Not done
-Getting out of perfectionismcomplexity complex which is to keep lookin for a better system instead of trading with a good enough one.=>OK
-Defining objectives=>My aim right now is to take trades as I would do in simulation mode.Needs more work.
-Keeping a diary for review of trades,feelings etc=>Notes all over the place.In notepad,excel sheets,paper sheets.Will have to organize them.

20.sum1

As usual the losing streak continues but I am confident that this is going to end soon..
On weekend I ran my system on data of first two weeks of November..thankfully the result was +ve even after brokerage..
I think I can improve the results my changing my profit taking in some cases because I found too little profit for trades for which MFE was good.

20.sum1

I have found 2 types of traders....first type will never backtest and just looks at some posts and starts trading.....but market will soon catch up with losing trades and then the system is abondoned and new AFL search continues.

In second type, they go on backesting for months, then paper trading for months and never take a real trade for years.And eevrytime they say thay are testing a new system and new AFL. I know a trader who is in this process for last 5 years.

Smart_trade
I am the second type of non-trader. This post is a reminder for me to get going.