World Gold fund v/s Gold ETF

Can I set up a SIP in ETF just like any other mutual fund?

I plan to buy in smaller amounts, may be 500-1000 each month for next 10 years and in that case, I guess ETF is only option?

vasa1

Can I set up a SIP in ETF just like any other mutual fund?

I plan to buy in smaller amounts, may be 500-1000 each month for next 10 years and in that case, I guess ETF is only option?
To my knowledge, no.

SIPs can be done in MFs which are available off-line. For the ETF, you will have to phone your broker and place your order or log onto your broker's online platform and place your order. For this you must have a demat account and be a client of a stockbroker. If you want GOLDBEES, it is only on the NSE.

I don't know whether you read my answer to your query at the beginning of this thread :(.

For Rs. 500/- you wont get any gold ETF (unless we discover how to convert mud to gold:D)).

OK, so as I understand:

1. I will need to call my broker for purchase.
2. I will have to check for lowest unit of gold, instead of how much I want to invest. That is, I will better go for say 1 gram each time. (cost will vary)

Thanks a lot

praveen taneja

Reliance hav started a sip in gold ETF but minimum is 2500 PM n at least 40 mnth required if u want to know more pls tell me.SIP date is 2nd of every mnth.excuse me for entering in ur talks

praveen taneja

U can get the form online or any AMC of Reliance to filln start SIP Entry load is 1.5%.On the day of SIP watever is Nav on that day u will get the units in ur Dmat a/c n that u can sell through NSE or BSE listed at both.No lock in period.only brokerage watever is ur broker charge from u for selling.Happy Diwali to all of You

vasa1

U can get the form online or any AMC of Reliance to filln start SIP Entry load is 1.5%.On the day of SIP watever is Nav on that day u will get the units in ur Dmat a/c n that u can sell through NSE or BSE listed at both.No lock in period.only brokerage watever is ur broker charge from u for selling.Happy Diwali to all of You
And happy Diwali to you too :D, but that doesn't mean we can't ask you for more info:D!

Since a gold ETF rate changes several times during the trading day, will one get the best rate or the closing rate?

praveen taneja

And happy Diwali to you too , but that doesn't mean we can't ask you for more info

Since a gold ETF rate changes several times during the trading day, will one get the best rate or the closing rate?
Thanx bro.I too am not sure about that but i think that is avg of trade between 11.00 n 12.00 AM.the buy around that time bcoz at that time selling is started of people who sell or whose units are sold bcoz of non payment i mean of margin calls:p U can always ask me watever u want to know will tell u for sure Ans I know or not:eek:
even if u dont want to do SIP u can buy on ur own from exchange one or more unit n avg that,with that u can hav the benefit of sharp fall avg:DWhenever mkt fall buy n avg that:D
And whenever that cross 100 transfer in my D MAT a/c

praveen taneja

First send me all your username +passwords of banks etc., etc., so that I can see when to do the transfer. In case all your accounts are full, who knows what will happen :D :D
hahahahahaa.................................. LOL:D:p