Wisdom Dump

oilman5

see the greatness in HIM......

very true....
step 1...] u have to consider ALWAYS I KNOW NOTHING..
do [ action] what i see....[as per chart...hence no blockade..no openion]
this is the essence of trade...if chart suggests to buy...BUY
if chart suggests sell ...................SELL
IF chart suggests shortsell... SELL IN FUTURE...
WHAT MORE U WANT....

ESSENTIALLY it helps to control ego/overconfidence..
and save mother of all destructive behavior...
kudos to cv

C

CreditViolet

"The movement of price in any and all free markets is a function of the laws of pure supply and demand. Buying and selling opportunity emerges when this simple and straight forward relationship is out of balance.

For the astute trader and investor there is only one way to make money in any market and it has nothing to do with the news, company fundamentals, earnings reports, technical indicators on a chart, analyst statements, or the economy." ---------------------Sam Seiden

C

CreditViolet

I have a theory that the public is always guided to do the wrong thing so that they will make a contribution to the market infrastructure and provide funds for the massive communication costs, buildings, salaries, brokerage house traders, dealers, hedge funds, and mutual funds that must survive in order for the whole ball of wax to continue. - Niederhoffer

Linus

I have a theory that the public is always guided to do the wrong thing so that they will make a contribution to the market infrastructure and provide funds for the massive communication costs, buildings, salaries, brokerage house traders, dealers, hedge funds, and mutual funds that must survive in order for the whole ball of wax to continue. - Niederhoffer
Ha ha ha

People never learn, do they? Some thing has to die, before something is born!

Very crude way of putting it, but that's the way it is, take it or leave it.

ss. :eek:

C

CreditViolet

late wisdom than never from the guy who didn't believe in stops and everyone knows the result...
hi, If you are talking of Niederhoffer, he is doing quite well now with his Matador Fund...and I dont really mind if he blew up once, everyone does once in a while in trading :)

C

CreditViolet

" Success tends to go not to the person who is error-free, because he also tends to be risk-averse. Rather it goes to the person who recognizes that life is pretty much a percentage business. It isn't making mistakes thats critical; it's correcting them and getting on with the principal task."

---- Donald Rumsfeld

C

CreditViolet

"It is very important to visualize the many ways in which the market may unfold, rather than trying to forcast or predict how it will unfold. With a market understanding, you can begin to visualize each possibility, and what each would indicate to you about the market and your position." Steidlmayer

C

CreditViolet

Successful real-time traders have a far better chance of taking their successful trading techniques and applying them to automated trading systems than successful programmers have of applying their guesses at what a good trading method should look like. You simply don't have the built-up experiences of trading live markets to have the right feel for what works and what doesn't work.