Wisdom Dump

C

CreditViolet

The truth is that becoming a golf virtuoso or becoming a market virtuoso requires an unbelievable degree of skill. It can only be acquired and honed by an extraordinary amount of work, much more than what run of the mill loafers can bring up. - Anonymous

U

uasish

The truth is that becoming a golf virtuoso or becoming a market virtuoso requires an unbelievable degree of skill. It can only be acquired and honed by an extraordinary amount of work, much more than what run of the mill loafers can bring up. - Anonymous
Excellent ,we all MISS this w-o-r-k part.

jatayoo

Volumes have been written on both FA & TA. Takes around 4 yrs and 40 books to know everything we can hope to apply (with the data & info available to us). So how can something widely known & used provide an edge? The edge can only come from refining & combining these concepts (& off course incorporating new ones if possible).

Regards,
Kalyan.
HI
In fact their is no perfect set of data that can be applied. It is the SUM of all ones Intellectual capacity + experience + thaught processes.

C

CreditViolet

One of the difficulties of design is that we feel compelled to "design for perfection". How can we get this absolutely right? This makes design very much harder than judgement. As a general policy it is best to aim for a "simple and practical design". Then you seek to improve this design. If you cannot improve the design then use it as it is. Edward de Bono

kkseal

One of the difficulties of design is that we feel compelled to "design for perfection". How can we get this absolutely right? This makes design very much harder than judgement. As a general policy it is best to aim for a "simple and practical design". Then you seek to improve this design. If you cannot improve the design then use it as it is. Edward de Bono
Yeah. For instance a single decision tree (synonymous with the system) to start with. The 'routemap' from thereon would be evolution into a 'tree within a tree within a tree' natural (fractal) struture. But the evolution should happen naturally (through 'natural selection', natural fits), no forcing.

Alternatively - more 'branches' (& 'leaves') to the single tree.

Regards,
Kalyan.

kkseal

HI
... It is the SUM of all ones Intellectual capacity + experience + thaught processes.
Hmmm ... quite a mouthful

Intellectual capacity - doubtful
Experience - meagre
Thought Process - Well, i have to undergo EEG tests periodically. Everytime i see the graph, i'm appaled; if that's my 'thought process' how do i manage to even exist :eek:

Just joking Jatayooji :) (Whatever happened to your Fundamental picks thread?)

Regards,
Kalyan.

C

CreditViolet

“The sad truth is that there are only three kinds of financial prognosticators: those who don't know, those who don't know they don't know, and those who know they don’t know and get paid big bucks to pretend they know.” – Burton Malkiel