Why ?

RAAMAKANT

Let me put it in other way...

* “What will it mean for my life and my happiness if I succeed,
and can call myself a consistently profitable trader?”

* “What will it mean for my life and my happiness if I fail
to put in the necessary work to become a consistently profitable and successful trader?”

Take some time to think of your response, and write it down.
Then look deeper, and ask again, “What does that really mean?”

onlinegtrash

Our Reason Why, or Our Purpose, must be strong enough to get up us each day,
excited, ready and willing to face the upcoming challenges.

In Anthony Robbins words
“The only way we're going to make a change now is if we create a sense of urgency
that‟s so intense that we are compelled to follow through."

Without a strong and clear Reason Why, I doubt of even surviving in this game....
for some reason I automatically don't respect self help gurus who became famous for being great self help gurus ;) Anthony Robbins... I don't know why he is famous other than the
reason of famous for being famous! If you subtract his preachings/teachings from him...
do we have anything awesome left over?

That's like becoming millionaire by writing a book on 'how to become millionaire'...

I guess, to achieve great things one need NOT to have urgency or huge compulsion...

There is another route... a relaxed, enjoyable and passionate route...
where everything becomes an enjoyable game happening at its own pace...

Much of the trouble and pain comes from the ignorance and stupidity of newbie traders ...

I remember a zen quote...

"Sitting quietly, doing nothing, spring comes, and the grass grows by itself"...

until trading becomes one such effortless endeavor... I think the trader is in learning mode and doing plenty of mistakes...

well, that's my perspective!

onlinegtrash

for me... 'why' trading has taken a slightly different shape ;)

Its actually a pilgrimage to learn about one's greed/fear subconscious belief systems...
the ultimate 'know yourself' exercise... without going to caves of Himalayas.
Its not mumbo jumbo... its very tangible and the results are often in your face!

The ultimate training in seeing the world objectively and execute boldly against crowd...
and sometimes with the crowd!

The ultimate training in self reliance of once capacity to think on his mind.

The ultimate training to function in a random and world of partial information... unlike any other profession.

The ultimate training in risk literacy and statistical thinking.

---------

If you are techie/geek... its the ultimate challenge encompassing
high speed tick data to high bandwidth data networks to massive data crunching...
probabilistic and stat programming, complex event processing... and what not... the list is unending.

--------

Finally there is some profits too :D leading to financial independence and FREEDOM !
the freedom to say F*** you to any one without pretending to like the person when you actually didn't ;)

Galts Gulch

The question is "Why i WANT to be a successful trader"? .. That way, do not know how this answer is relevant ... But still ....

I think ... honestly and practically ... I'm a successful trader because ... I deliberately removed the "WANT" concept from all my Trading related PROCESS ....

I take trade / Position ... not because I "WANT" ... But because I have a Trade-able set up ... with more chances of winning than losing ... But sill if I lose ... MOVE ON ... that is part of the game ...

This, of course, did happen after period of time ... After blowing few account, few credit cards ... Being on the verge of a "LOSER" ...

6 years back, when I was Raw, like every one, I also searched for Holy Grail ROBOT which can make me richer than Warren Buffet ... Spent 149$ to 2499$ only to lose even those payments, apart from my live accounts ... That is when it struck me ... If at all Robot can do anything better than me ... that is only removing the Emotional aspect and trade like a machine .. If I or any one can build a Robot ... With the same parameters ... with the same intelligence ... one can function / trade like a Robot also ...

We have all heard about Sages doing "TAPAS" ... "DHYAN" ... We do not have to close eyes, grow beard, being aloof for that ... We have to be away from all distractions ... Be one with what we WANT ... "BE THE WANT" ... then, I becomes want ... I becomes destination and road to the destination as well .... No distraction ... No dilemma ... No conflict of Interest between I and Want ....

Lots of Traders lose because of distractions ... thinking ... want ... points ... TA ... FA .. converting points in to Rs .. ROI ... contract period ... pressure of winning ... fear of losing .. When one is distracted so very much ... How do one perform? If you are distracted too much on your first night ... Can you perform?

Now, when I look at a trading chart, my sub conscious takes care of all basic aspects and ever conscious MIND either tells me to Trade or do not trade ... There is no WANT ... There is no GREED to WIN ... There is no FEAR of losing ... Karmanye Va Adhikaaraste ... Maa Phalesha Kadaachana ....

I do not remember who said it or where I read it ... Life has Actions and Reactions .... Most of the Times Actions are beyond our control ... Reactions are in our control ... And this Reactions (which are in our control, most of the times) ... to actions (which are beyond our control, most of the times) defines The success / failure thereof ...

My two RUPEES .....

Last edited: