Why not everyone invest money in IPO instead of shares?

Re: Why not everyone invest money on IPO instead of shares?

And most of the company take advantage of bull market to gather money through IPO. The question is how many of them can be trusted. How many could be successful in achieving what they promise.
Its different case when big names like reliance ask for money every one is ready to give them.
One should do a lot of analysis before commiting funds to IPOs , because not all IPOs are good bargains and do not fall prey to the IPO hysteria . Beware of the fly by night operators who use IPO route to mop up funds with a view to do a vanishing trick. History bears witness to these tricks.

Last edited:

And most of the company take advantage of bull market to gather money through IPO. The question is how many of them can be trusted. How many could be successful in achieving what they promise.
Its different case when big names like reliance ask for money every one is ready to give them.
Dear Sir,

See those who have invested all the money on Reliance Engergy IPO lost chance of buying the shares at current low level, which is better than what he earns when the Reliance new issue get listed. Now the list pricing may be lower in the current senario.

sudoku1

Dear Sir,

See those who have invested all the money on Reliance Engergy IPO lost chance of buying the shares at current low level, which is better than what he earns when the Reliance new issue get listed. Now the list pricing may be lower in the current senario.
new cos have 2 prove their mettle in the long run to gain confidence from the inveter fraternity while the establised ones r known by their past....
when infosys got listed , it hovered @ just 20 bucks for a major part....
so its a well known saying 'do not put all ur eggs in a single basket'...:)

sudoku1

Re: is it right time to enter gvfilms?

i want to know more about gvfilms.
keep off from such unsesured cos engaged in the entertainment & movie business as a major flop or hit swings the prices along with black money in the cinema world..........:D
just our personal view & no invitation to do as advised.:)

Last edited:

rajputz

Why not everyone invest money on IPO instead of shares?

When people have money in their hands why dont they invest on IPO instead of shares. For example Reliance Power is starting the IPO with the Rs. 450 each and according to the market on the listing date share value will be 800 to 900 the same.

Then why dont every one invest on IPO to earn very fast with in the two to three months. Why what is this logic. People invest on shares but not on IPO . On the listing date every share is going to be high then why cant we invest money on IPO's. When iam having around 1 Lakh rupees with me doing nothing. Other than mutual funds i should go for ipo or shares give your answer in detail my dear friends
I am not sure of the exact figures buddy. But the return rate on IPO is good only if your investment horizon is very large and that too if your investment is on good fundamental stock. Otherwise for the last two years there is not a good performance given by IPO's in the span of short time. Check Statistics. Enlighten me also on this...

PS - Opinions are personal.

IPOs or initial public offerings are among the most exciting and closely followed events in the stock market. Although the excitement has cooled somewhat since the frenzy of the late 1990s when anyone with an idea that involved the word Internet could raise millions of dollars, IPOs still raise the markets collective blood pressure.