Why I made loss?-----a learning oppor from mistakes

RSI

I am trying to remember my share of mistakes in trading. Made too much that I donot remember many of them at all. Very bad. I will list them as soon I remember them or recollect them one by one. It appears, I have committed almost all mistakes hetherto listed by other members of this forum. Ah! here is the one.

I always got the clue about the current trend at the last, i.e. when the trend was about to finish. You can imagine the result. I bought at the top and sold at the bottom.

May be this one is ancilliary to first one. I was always hesitent to act on the predominent trend eventhough it was shouting at me in a loud and clear voice. By the time I got the conviction to act on it, i.e. to take trade in the direction of the main trend, it was too late. Train had already left the platform. It was this hesitation that cost me a lot. How and where did I get this mental block? Most probably because I lost on my previous trade, again because of this hesitation and it weighed too much on my decision making capacity. Now I am trying to rectify it. Successful to some extent also.

I am a new investor i mean i have started investing just before a year or so,
i had old stocks in physical form some companies were closed and some reliance shares and some other were listed.
then sensex was falling from 9000 to 8500 and i had a huge panic and sold all those shares... i still regret it.
now a days in trading too..
always i buy at market rate and sell at market rate too... that is very big mistake.... but still while calling the share person i get in panic and sell and buy shares at market rates as if the trend is going to change soon.....
and my habit is not improving at all
wish there is no huge loss someday.... thankyou...

And yes One more.....

and yes... one more... (infact there are many more but i just remembered one)

When i buy or sell shares.......... i always do a mistake that is.........
if rate is 100 Rs and i want to invest 10,000
then instead of buying 100 shares i buy 1000..
so the amount gets 10 times .......... it happend many times and still i dont use calculator while buying........ really dumb i am......

and then after buying 10X shares i look at intraday selling option.......... and sell them in loss............. LoL

and ''raat ko neend hi nahi aati yaar fir nuksaan hua to.....''

I am very much new for investing..just been 4 months..
when I got my trading account I was looking for scrips and what ever i saw I thought of buying. ( but dint had much money )
I made few mistakes when buying.. I was looking at the results of the company and then calls being made.. So I bought them immediately.. but now i could recognise that I have bought when the stock was lifetime high..
Now in the last two months I have invested in very few stocks and one IPO.. I have about 20 % returns as of now..
Learnt a lot from yesterday's mistakes..

I think that I delay placing an early morning order to find 20 minutes later that it is up by 5-6%. I like to see the trend in the morning.
What would you advise?

kkseal

Re: And yes One more.....

and yes... one more... (infact there are many more but i just remembered one)

When i buy or sell shares.......... i always do a mistake that is.........
if rate is 100 Rs and i want to invest 10,000
then instead of buying 100 shares i buy 1000..
so the amount gets 10 times .......... it happend many times and still i dont use calculator while buying........ really dumb i am......

and then after buying 10X shares i look at intraday selling option.......... and sell them in loss............. LoL

and ''raat ko neend hi nahi aati yaar fir nuksaan hua to.....''
I always thought i must be the most indisciplined trader that ever walked the earth; but you have beaten me my friend.
I mean this is ... heights ... it's just throwing away your money!

I think you should do something to calm your mind (specially before trading) Deep breathing, meditation or whatever. All your mistakes seem to stem from haste & panic. And do use that calculator when needed.

Please don't misunderstand me I really wish you can sleep happily & peacefully at night.

Regards,
Kalyan.

sudoku1

ITS NEARLY A YEAR since v last enjoyed the crazy tops....
down the line ,mkts also offer great oportunities 2 correct oneself from the mistakes which led 2 losses.....but very few r willing 2 look back...:eek:
still... many r trying 2 pick up bargains...:D

O

OneBull

I used to buy stocks that had fallen the most in last one week/one month. It seems I was just helping someone else get my share of the life boat. I learnt my leason hard, thats why I don't do it any more