Why Am I Making Loss Although I Sold At Profit?

I suppose these are statutory charges and not subject to interpretation of individual brokers...shall I write to them for refund...and in case they do not refund excess charged would it be appropriate if I approach NSE/SEBI?
ONLY point is otherwise my broker is the best...and in fact ideally I would like to continue with them inspite of these charges...because I do not think a person ever made money just because his brokerage was low....otherwise my brokerage is extremely satisfied customer of them and won't like to put them in a spot...even though they may be wrong in charges
Yes, Transaction charges are imposed by exchange, STT by govt of India (thru sebi) and stamp duty again by govt.

These are not part of brokerage. These are mandatory charges as per the respective governing/regulatory bodies.

What if a broker is charging (intra-day cash)
Transaction charges...(.01% instead of .0035%)
Stamp duty.......(.01% instead of .002%)
this is not possible. Because broker has no control over this

R

respectinvestor

from what I understood u replied that a broker charging .01% instead of .0035% as transaction charges and .01 % instead of .002 % is not possible...well thats the point...I have been regularly charged this in intra-day cash...so whats your suggestion...I was all along aware of this...but never really wanted to make an issue of it...so shall I write to my broker asking for a refund of excess charges? there is a thread called transaction charges fraud in traderji only ...you may refer to it ....my case is similar..otherwise I am a satisfied customer ....

May I know which broker? A broker cannot charge more than the stipulated STT, Transaction charge, and stamp duty. at the same time he cannot charge less too(unless he wants to make a loss, which he wouldn't), these are charges levied by bodies different from the broker, and does not change from broker to broker.

The only place where he can impose charges in his terms, is the brokerage part. That is HIS charge, and changes from broker to broker. Apart from this, on this brokerage he has to collect 10.3% service tax extra (which again he cannot change, as it has to be paid to govt by him).