Why “buy and hold” strategy carries more risk?

columbus

Re: Why buy and hold strategy carries more risk?

Buy and Hold works very well for me, it is the choosing the company to hold for long term which is very difficult. Some examples of buy and hold strategy-

Infosys - An investment of Rs. 10,000 in 1993 would be worth over Rs. 1.5 crores in 2008.

Unitech - An investment of Rs. 10,000 in 2003 would be worth over Rs. 1 crore in 2008.

Jaicorp - An investment of Rs. 10,000 in early 2006 would be worth over Rs. 22 lakhs in 2008.

And the Biggest of them-

Wipro - An investment of Rs. 10,000 in 1980 would be worth more than Rs.150 crore!!!! in 2008.

Any guess what is next !!!!!!!!

Think about it.

I ofcourse buy and hold. I hold maybe for two minutes or at most for 3 hours. It is still buy and hold. Behold! What about sell and hold? some food for thought maybe.

Happy Trading!

Veteran Daytrader

sudoku1

Think about it.
I ofcourse buy and hold. I hold maybe for two minutes or at most for 3 hours. It is still buy and hold. Behold! What about sell and hold? some food for thought maybe.
]
a man cannot live without sleep for 10 days....but can surely live for 10days without food.....so pick out what gives a sound sleep & the food will always b there....:)

sanyad74

nice one!
I think now a days food problem is also rising.. So be careful for that too.
rgds

a man cannot live without sleep for 10 days....but can surely live for 10days without food.....so pick out what gives a sound sleep & the food will always b there....:)
Poor Sudoku1 can't sleep:rolleyes:

Happy Trading!

Veteran Daytrader