which website or broker gives nifty option charts?

mastermind007

ford

Do you have access to Sharekhan account? I can view NIFTY option charts and can also backfill/download it to plot it into Amibroker. Historic is past 30 days as default which seems to be correct. I've not verified because I rarely hold Options for more than a day or so...

hi friends
which website gives options-nifty charts live or historic?
NESTTRADER doesnt give options charts except oneday only-chartiung of nesttrader really poor.

Indiainfoline gives some charts but they keep cheating their own customers.(one employee of IIFL asked-how can we cheat you if you dont trade with us?)
Nse india website
takes lot of time and cant locate correct link page
KEYSTOCKS DOESNT PROVIDE OPTION DATA OR CHARTS.

can somebody help me please!!
thanks
==================================================================================================
OVER 90% OPTIONS EXPIRE WORTHLESS.
OPTION SELLERS SELL ICECREAM CALLED OPTIONS, BUT WONT ALLOW THE OPTION BUYERS TO TOUCH THE ICECREAM WITH LIPS ,
EXCEPT HOLDING THE CONE IN HAND IS ALLOWED.
OPTION SELLERS SELL OPTIONS THAT HAVE( SUBZERO ) BELOW ZERO VALUE TO STUPID OPTION BUYERS.
In fact option buyers buy options having values like minus 100 or minus 200.
Reason??
Lack of knowledge and Lack of confidence backed by LACK OF understanding, apart from poor charts or no charts.
option trading best on daily tf or 5 min or 15 min tf.
BY THE WAY Have you bought icecream?

DSM

Ford, Thanks for your many informative post on TJ. Here's two charts to answer your query. TradeTiger from Sharekhan. 30 Day 30M Chart of Nifty CE 6100 and 5Day 10M chart as well. Max intraday charts can be seen for 30 days, time frame, indicators, can be adjusted to suit your choice. Coming from Sharekhan, it's updated with live tick. Preferable to open account with Sharekhan for charts with a nominal fee, data will be free anyway. You can trade with discount broker if high volume trader to save on brokerage. Hope this helps.

hi friends
which website gives options-nifty charts live or historic?
NESTTRADER doesnt give options charts except oneday only-chartiung of nesttrader really poor.

Indiainfoline gives some charts but they keep cheating their own customers.(one employee of IIFL asked-how can we cheat you if you dont trade with us?)
Nse india website
takes lot of time and cant locate correct link page
KEYSTOCKS DOESNT PROVIDE OPTION DATA OR CHARTS.

can somebody help me please!!
thanks
==================================================================================================
OVER 90% OPTIONS EXPIRE WORTHLESS.
OPTION SELLERS SELL ICECREAM CALLED OPTIONS, BUT WONT ALLOW THE OPTION BUYERS TO TOUCH THE ICECREAM WITH LIPS ,
EXCEPT HOLDING THE CONE IN HAND IS ALLOWED.
OPTION SELLERS SELL OPTIONS THAT HAVE( SUBZERO ) BELOW ZERO VALUE TO STUPID OPTION BUYERS.
In fact option buyers buy options having values like minus 100 or minus 200.
Reason??
Lack of knowledge and Lack of confidence backed by LACK OF understanding, apart from poor charts or no charts.
option trading best on daily tf or 5 min or 15 min tf.
BY THE WAY Have you bought icecream?

Hi
I found out.
Globaldatafeeds give futures and options and commodity data live into Amibroker.
Data good- price very expensive

but there is a hitch.
It seems Globaldatafeed doesnt want ordinary individual to use this data,so they kept monthly datafees as rs 1690 or so.

this is how they axe their own business.
icharts.in -cant help now-way still to go months or years.
manshirt data is not fit for option charts as no continuity etc.

where as global gives samedata to clients of some brokers like zerodha etc at Rs 850 a month or so.
The option data is good quality and charts are good-data comes as 1 minute basis thru a Gdfl pluginn.

REGARDS

Last edited:

a1b1trader

One can easily get OPTIONS CHARTS by pulling tick data from their trading terminals like Odin, NOW, Nest Trader etc. to Amibroker by softwares like Odin2Ami, Excel2Ami and others (free and paid) by aamaadmisoftware.com and utilities/tools developed by TJ members Yusi and Josh1

hi
i have seen these utilities most of them need lot of actions from user-if user gets too busy adjusting data utility then he cant focus on trading.
yusi thing gets 1 day backfill and is not user friendly as of now.
================================================
The other thing about trading

what you said is wrong.
let the forum be the judge off this debate.

Entry is not what you need.
==================================================
It is the EXIT that is very important.
=========================================================
Entry?
IF RIGHT, PRESERVE GAINS-- IF WRONG, GET OUT WITH MINIMUM LOSS--IS THE THING.
here serious action not hesitation is needed.
it needs practice. laziness kills the trader.
==============================================
REFINE ENTRY POINT -ENTER AT A LOW NEAR A SWING LOW,
KEEP STOPLOSS BELOW LOW. EXIT AT A REASONABLE PROFIT

USING ATR MULTIPLES.
ENTRY, TGT1=ENTRY+0.5*ATR(10),TGT2=ENTRY+ATR(10), ETC

DONT LOOK FOR SWING HIGH OR LOW ON A 1MIN OR 5MIN ,GO TO HIGHER TIMEFRAME CHARTS LIKE 15MIN OR 12MIN OR 30MIN
SHORT BELOW SW HIGH OR GO LONG ABOVE SW LOW.
Thing is be moderate and dont aim to be too greedy.
being conservtive mean-just see max profit you get and minimum you can get-take midway profit ot lock the stoploss near that.

most traders can enter any moment but cant exit. it is this thing that screws whole trader world.
======================================================
I asked 10 guys who met me
What is the biggest trading problem you are facing?
Answer is same
BIG LOSSES- LOSSES ALWAYS-MORE AND MORE LOSSES-GUILT OFHIDING LOSSES-LIFE MISERABLE DUE TO LOSSES.

Dont know what to do.
=====================================================
I asked them what is your sequence of trading steps?
scan chart on 5minute,Locate entry based on some indicators,Enter trade,
so far so good. market price turns against me and goes wild & hits me on my head. wait for maximum loss then out of sheer agony,disperation exit most unwillingly.

I said can you follow advice? strictly?
guys say-may be- i didnt tell them anything-may be-unsure-unwilling -lazy guys better screw themselves some more time till they get willingness to learn listen first.

out of 10,2 said-tell me -i do whatever you say-damn serious
Here is what said
-----------------------
First thing
MASTER stoploss, WHERE TO KEEP,EXACT place,amount OF RISK etc
use it as soon as you enter a trade.
use just 1 ATR ten periods is ok as distance between entry and stop.

Second thing
say this & keep saying this to yourself-SWEAR IT
" I DECIDE TO use stoploss and to remain a GOOD trader,I SWEAR do this OR stop trading completely if I fail TO KEEP MY COMMITTMENT"

THEN GO WITH IT

Happy to say
it works.
GOOD TRADERS HAVE LOT OF EXPERIENCE BEHIND THEM. THY BECOME MASTERS IN WHAT THEY DO.
MASTERY DOESNT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT. FIND A REPLAY TOOL OR SIMULATOR -REFINE YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF RISK-PROCEED TOWARDS LOW RISK TRADING.

===================================================================
Traders fear losses. But they dont do anything about it. VERY UNWILLING TO ACT TO CONTROL RISK
KNOW YOUR RISK LIMIT PER TRADE
SAY
IF YOU DAYTRADE WITH 2 TRADES A DAY,YOUR MAX RISK MUST BE LESS THAN RS 250 PER TRADE IN CASH-EQUITY
AND YOUR LOSS MUST BE CONTROLLED TO BE LESS THAN RS 2000 OR RS 5000 IN FUTURES.
WHAT ABOUT OPTIONS? TEST HIGHER STOPLOSS WITH 2 ATR OR 3ATR, USE RS AS GUIDANCE RADAR.
GENERALLY they apply wrong sequence steps in trading=====================CHANGE THIS HABIT.
change the sequence to right sequence=====START NEW HABIT
scan chart-look for entry set up,enter trade- SET STOPLOSS AT A PLACE (REASONABLE AND IF PRICE REACH THIS POINT YOUR ENTRY TREND IS LIKELY TO REVERSE)
WHEN YOUR REASON FOR ENTRY DISAPPEARS WHY TO STAY IN TRADE?

--------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IF STOPLOSS HITS? LET IT HIT- AS LONG AS YOU TOOK ACTION TO KEEP LOSS LOW,YOU ARE A WINNER IN TRADING.
AS YOU GO ON, YOU WILL LEARN BETTER WAYS TO DO RISK MANAGEMENT.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todays committment by loosing trader
" I sINCERELY AND STRONGLY SWEAR THAT I use maximum loss-max risk value limit and control losses as first thing.(2-THEN ALSO I do limited trades per day and)
IF I FAIL IN CONTROLLING RISK, I WILL STOP TRADING FOREVER"

-------------------------------------------
Write it & hang it behind your pc.

HITTING STOPLOSS IS A SUCCESS IF LOSS IS NOT BIG OR IF LOSS IS PREDEFINED ONE,INSIDE LIMITS.NO REASON TO CRY ON STOP TRIGGERING.

RE-ENTER TRADE IF TOTAL LOSS PER DAY IS STILL IN LIMIT.

AS A DAY TRADER IF YOU LOST RS 500 PER DAY IN CASH, STOP TRADING FOR THE DAY
CAN YOU?

the s is small as sincerety doesnt come readily.

Last edited: