total trades 1348
total points 3813.1
total amount 381300
avg profit 282
winners 498 24171 2417100 4853
loosers 850 20358 2035800 2395

Hello

Good effort to run back tests on 5 systems with both BNF & NF . . .:clapping:

As you have said you have done it bar by bar . . .
While doing bar by bar, out of all the five, which is the system you were most comfortable with ?

It does not matter if that system gives bit less overall,
unless you are totally automating the Entry/SL/Exit
it is your comfort level with executing the orders that will make or break your trading.

If you have made notes while doing the bar by bar analysis, then refer to them,
if not can go back to charts and make the journal, write down how you feel while trading the system,
note down your emotional state when you get whipsaws, periods with big draw downs, big profits, winning & losing streaks etc . . .

In real trading these emotions will be multiples x10 times,
but if you make an honest effort to test how you feel while executing those signals,
you get a certain idea about your comfort with that system.

Sorry if this is not the answer you are expecting, maybe you needed more technical evaluation methods . . .

Wishing you all the Best for your success . . .

:) Happy

labdhi

Hello

Good effort to run back tests on 5 systems with both BNF & NF . . .:clapping:

As you have said you have done it bar by bar . . .
While doing bar by bar, out of all the five, which is the system you were most comfortable with ?

It does not matter if that system gives bit less overall,
unless you are totally automating the Entry/SL/Exit
it is your comfort level with executing the orders that will make or break your trading.

If you have made notes while doing the bar by bar analysis, then refer to them,
if not can go back to charts and make the journal, write down how you feel while trading the system,
note down your emotional state when you get whipsaws, periods with big draw downs, big profits, winning & losing streaks etc . . .

In real trading these emotions will be multiples x10 times,
but if you make an honest effort to test how you feel while executing those signals,
you get a certain idea about your comfort with that system.

Sorry if this is not the answer you are expecting, maybe you needed more technical evaluation methods . . .

Wishing you all the Best for your success . . .

thank u sir ,
no hard work no sucesss ...
i wish , if senior here comment that this type of system is ok to trade , although average gains but consistent income from market ,

i will go back and test again with emotions , but sir again 10 times is really furious if it not works ,

actually i am more comfortable with system 1........but is it worth to trade on this trade detail basis ?trade r less , profit is less but winning % is ok ......
no big drawdowns ..........trading risk is ok , as it is traded on 10m tf ......

actually i am more comfortable with system 1........but is it worth to trade on this trade detail basis ?trade r less , profit is less but winning % is ok ......
no big drawdowns ..........trading risk is ok , as it is traded on 10m tf ......
Cannot say any thing with just performance summary . . . I can give you my feedback only if i can analyse the detail results

But ultimately no one else can tell you about 'YOU'

for e.g. in a swing system if your equity remains underwater for 8 months in a row what will you do?

Can you take a trade after 7-8 straight losing trades . . .

How much is having a smooth equity curve important to you?

Are you comfortable taking 3 trades a day or are you comfortable with not trading for few weeks in row (for e.g. if the system looks to avoid sideways)

ValueZone has posted a system that takes just 2/3 intraday trades in one month, can you trade a system like that?

Who else can tell you all these things about yourself :D

Cheers

labdhi

Cannot say any thing with just performance summary . . . I can give you my feedback only if i can analyse the detail results

But ultimately no one else can tell you about 'YOU'

for e.g. in a swing system if your equity remains underwater for 8 months in a row what will you do?

Can you take a trade after 7-8 straight losing trades . . .

How much is having a smooth equity curve important to you?

Are you comfortable taking 3 trades a day or are you comfortable with not trading for few weeks in row (for e.g. if the system looks to avoid sideways)

ValueZone has posted a system that takes just 2/3 intraday trades in one month, can you trade a system like that?

Who else can tell you all these things about yourself :D

Cheers

:thanx:
yes sir , u r right ........unless i know myself , nothing can be done ...
what r the other way to get fully satisfied with system ,
what r other ways to test a system ..........i get it bar to bar .....any other way to became confident , is it to trade with small quantity for 2-3 months or paper trade it ....

what r other ways to test a system ..........i get it bar to bar .....any other way to became confident , is it to trade with small quantity for 2-3 months or paper trade it ....
Don't know what else . . .

Actually there is not much to be done once you understand the nature of this business, the strategy / technique improvement can be a continuous process.

Accepting losing trades, accepting losing streaks, draw downs, bad months, accepting mistakes on our part, once all this is clearly understood and completely accepted then we can continue focus on improving the trading technique/strategy

And don't worry too much, make your trading fun thing . . .
try not feeling too bad about losing trades or gaps against your position,
do enjoy successful trades and gap in your favor :D

Once you choose a system the enjoy your trading . . . :thumb:

pratapvb

if you are comfortable with a system after your backtesting (say system 1), then just start trading it with 1 lot or in case your system involves partial profit then 2 lots....

check against maximum drawdown from your testing for these 1lot or 2lots and be sure you can take it in your stride...then start.......that is the only way to feel the real emotions

after 3months when you are comfortable and decide to scale up the lots....be sure you understand money mgmt principles so that you know how many lots to trade based on your capital etc

Cubt

Algo Trader
if you are comfortable with a system after your backtesting (say system 1), then just start trading it with 1 lot or in case your system involves partial profit then 2 lots....

check against maximum drawdown from your testing for these 1lot or 2lots and be sure you can take it in your stride...then start.......that is the only way to feel the real emotions

after 3months when you are comfortable and decide to scale up the lots....be sure you understand money mgmt principles so that you know how many lots to trade based on your capital etc

perfectly explained. This is all u need to know when u want to follow system based trading.