which stocks can be traded within 2 days

Hi friends
I am new to trading.I am more interested in holding stock for one or two days but not more than that.I bought bajajfinancial service stock and gtl stock in nse.My broker is telling me that these stocks have to complete t+2 cycle.I want to have those list of stocks which don't have to complete t+2 cycle and in which there is no problem of auction.Basically I am not able to understand why auction happens.I buy a stock than it will definitely come in my a/c than why can't i sell it.Please help me.I will be glad to you

as far as my knowledge goes , there is no particular stock which can be sold and there are no such stocks which can not be sold the next day ,it depends whether the stock in the broker's pool of shares or not

people buy today and sell tomorrow all the time .

auction happens when you sell a stock which has not come into your account

for example you purchsed bharti on monday and sold it the next day ,
but there is a good chance that stock may not have come in your account on tuesday , but you have still sold it , so you have shortsell the share which was not in yur account in the first place , therefore it would go into auction
(unless you buy it back on the same day) .

hi,
thank you kandid for your response.Do you know any reasonable broker who has a very big pool of shares so that i don't have to face any auction.

as much as i know all the top brokers like ibulls , religare, sharekhan , infoline are good.

and as far as my knowledge goes , everythink depends on the liquidity and/or popularity of the stock than the broker's pool.

moreover there are so many other factors that sd be taken into account while opening an account. In any case you should always open your account
with a reliable broker who suits your need.

may be seniors could give a better answer.
happy trading :)

Hi,

As far as my layman knowledge is concerned this categorization is in icicidirect.com. if you buy a share which is not in their spot/btst (buy today sell today) category then you have to hold it for t+2 days. as far as other brokers is concerned they allow all shares they trade in to sell the other day. however please check this out with the concerned broker.

bamks

sanyad74

as far as my knowledge goes , there is no particular stock which can be sold and there are no such stocks which can not be sold the next day ,it depends whether the stock in the broker's pool of shares or not

people buy today and sell tomorrow all the time .

auction happens when you sell a stock which has not come into your account

for example you purchsed bharti on monday and sold it the next day ,
but there is a good chance that stock may not have come in your account on tuesday , but you have still sold it , so you have shortsell the share which was not in yur account in the first place , therefore it would go into auction
(unless you buy it back on the same day) .
if the stock quantity reflects in BTST account, doesn't t it mean that its in your account and those you can sell already?
So where is the chance for auction then? How we know if purchase stock is in brokerage's pool or not to prevent auction or repurchase ?
Wise trading!