When will MindTree and Idea get 'listed'

tasin
Before an IPO is approved by the regulating authority, they have to specify where the money will be spent. And the authority keeps a close eye on where the money is spent. An investor is much safer now than in Harshd Mehta's time.
Regrds
So u mean to say objective of stake dilution is totally different fr a Promoter n VC..
But what if promoter wants to offload its stake just because it wants to book some profit which it mite want to use in some other ventur later on (or it is not a valid reason for a promoter to offload). In that case anyways promoter will want just the max price isnt it..
if i m sounding too lame plz bear with me..:D

It is definitely not true that before IPO, promoters hold 100% of the company. A case in point is VC funding when VCs hold a huge part. Even otherwise, anyone and everyone who has invested in the company (before IPO) can hold a stake, not just the promoters.
bro ram seems i failed to make my points clear..
coz u are correct but not relevant to my bigger doubt..thnx neways

A small question on IPOs, If X company comes to IPO ,is there any disadvantage for this company, if they allot unlimited shares to their employees first then the remaining shares to public? Just curious to know.
Appreciate your thoughts on this.

This has happened with TCS, they gave unlimted shares to their employees.
Was there too much quota for the TCS? and who'll decide this %.