what should be money management rules for the day trading ?

hi there
thanks for ur replay as of now, before i stoped trading becouse of loosing streak which took my all gains which i made , the gains where 50% on my capital of 1000. but market took back all my gains.:(

It happened twice to me i made 500 and lost 1000 then stoped for month's to know what is the mistake i made. then started once again the result is also same and I stoped once again. :(

any inputs from seniors ?

warm regards

Ali :)

hi there
thanks for replay. but the think which your talking is not work in trading but in investing only. and by thew way even buffet made mistakes and lost money and in trading losses are reality you just cant escape from it.

warm regards

Ali

AW10

hi there
thanks for ur replay as of now, before i stoped trading becouse of loosing streak which took my all gains which i made , the gains where 50% on my capital of 1000. but market took back all my gains.:(

It happened twice to me i made 500 and lost 1000 then stoped for month's to know what is the mistake i made. then started once again the result is also same and I stoped once again. :(

any inputs from seniors ?

warm regards

Ali :)
Ali, In my opinion, u need to address some psychological issue of trading.
What is that holding u back from cutting those loosing trades that are taking away your profits ?
Why are u not able to preserve your profits on initial capital ? Are u treating profit with different attitude then you treat the original capital of 1000 ?
do you have profitable system /set of rule that gave u profit or it is just that you were on the lucky side of those trades ?

If I can suggest one point, then reset your loss limit to X $ per trade/ or X $ per day per week basis.. and keep 10% as monthly cap. Also keep track of accumulated losses and accumulated profits. And treat profit as your initial capital. Once u have booked profit, it is your money now. And u shd treat it with same diligence as u would treat your funds that u transferred from yr saving acct.

In short define
- per trade loss limit
- Per day loss limit
- per week loss limit
- per month loss limit

Keep track of each of them with each trade/day etc and know how much of loss limit is remaining.. otherwise, u would always have big loss limit left and u will continue to take bigger risks. Whole idea is to understand when u are not in synch with mkt i.e. fighting the market.. And market is telling u clearly with those loosing trades that wake up dear..and listen to me. Maybe u are just ignoring those signals..

Hope this helps..
Happy Trading

rajputz

Hi there
after going thuoru losing streak twice since i started trading i guess that my reson for failure is money managment.

so my querry to siniors here is,

1] what is the money man agment rulse one should foloow in daytrading?

2] what is money mangement rulse your following now?

warm regards in advance
Ali
IMO

1. Identify the trend either it is upward or downward and then enter into it.
2. As soon as you enter, Place a Stoploss order to protect you from loossing more capital if trade goes wrong. (define how much you can bear to losse)
3. if more stoploss trigger then try to reduce your investment. dont increase it untill and unless your some of the trades go right. trade small and build some confidence to enter again.
4. as a starter take try to take small profits number of times.

5. as every one is saying....----maintain a DISCIPLINE and STICK to it.

i think thats the basic of money management

Last edited:

kainiteh

i am very small investor of 13000

Max Risk: 3% of capital
Rise/Trade: 1% of capital
No of loss trade: 3
lot size: (1% of capital)/(Buy-SL)

Exit 50% at first Target and make same Target
as Trailing Stop Loss for next 50% to maximize

Dear members!
How about reading candlelight chart, and how to interpret the same? Is it atleast 80% success or not? Is there anybody who teaches this techniques, at a class room? pl.reply.R.Kumaraswamy

kainiteh