What post should I apply for?

ryan4ucar

My humble frank advice would be forget about it.

At 42 yrs your chances of switching careers (as an employee) to a unrelated industry are very poor.

If you want to trade for your self then that's fine but if you want to work "in the trading line" your chances of meaningful employment with a well regarded company are almost zero.

You will easily find employment at very low wages or no wages with chotta-motta organizations but no large employer will take you even if you gather experience for the next 4-5 years.

Reason being age is a very big factor. If you had professional experience in trading I might have said yes but with your back ground chances are zero.

What will happen is if you quit a good job at a senior position you currently have and work here and there in small positions in small companies (because they are the only ones who will take you) for a couple of years, you'll have to compete with freshers 20 years younger than you and most of your bosses will be younger than you & you'll have to take a lot of **** from them. Even if you endure all this for a few years without losing your cool and look for a mid level position in a large respected corporation ...no one will take you because of your lack of experience (for e.g at 45 yrs old you'll only have 3 yrs relevant exp.)

You'll end up even more frustrated than you are now, so think carefully.

BTW: where in London did you do MBA was it London Business School? If you still want to try it may be better to get in touch with your alumni association to get you placed somewhere rather than traderji
This post in my onion is a load of garbage (no disrespect). The guy wants experience through anything that can get him into the finance world. Instead negative garbage is being spread .

The finance world is a complicated one ...people who make money are not easily available and almost impossible to approach , people who cant make anything mostly open coaching classes not all though.

I would suggest the concerned person to learn a bit about trading 1st read a few book One good trade and the Playbook by Mike Bellafiore are good reads if u want to get into trading . I would suggest you to open a account with some discount broker and interactive brokers as they have a good charting platform , start small see how you are emotionally reacting to profits and losses then try and get coaching from a real trader to get better in the 1st 6 moths to 1 years if ur making small losses or break even you are on the right path.

Main thing is to educate yourself 1st then bet big once you get experience.

sspms2002

Hello Sir,

I am also a novice trader and also working with a big IT Giant..am also in same boat as you...though iam not an MBA..but i am into SAP Financials..and doing good there...But this passion for stock market/trading is just above everything and is definitely worth a try...

From your posts i feel that you can do very well in trading...donot mind any negative judgement from other people..everyone judge based on his experience..

I think you must open a trading account and start trading on your own..to get a head start....also it would be really good if you can join a trading desk of any big bank..that way you can come to know many things very fast...but the would not offer you a trading seat soon...you may have to toil...

So thats why i recommend opening a trading act to trade for oneself..

Also there are many factors that favours you..your experience and your confidence...
Also i do think that you will not trade with scared money..as it seems you have spare money...and that bumps ur chance of success..

any other thoughts let know..

ryan4ucar

Not at all ... I can totally understand .... i used to think just like you when I was younger & less experienced (no disresprect)

I completely understand your point of view :)
Buddy nothing is impossible in life if you have the will power i slogged it out for 2 years of my life 15-16 hrs a day staring at chats and now am reaping the benefits. In the end attitude is all that counts.

I always say we all live in a small little world wherein the little we know seems to be the limits of our world there are lots of things to discover and alot of people to meet yet

laotze

Buddy nothing is impossible in life if you have the will power i slogged it out for 2 years of my life 15-16 hrs a day staring at chats and now am reaping the benefits. In the end attitude is all that counts.

I always say we all live in a small little world wherein the little we know seems to be the limits of our world there are lots of things to discover and alot of people to meet yet
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: