Watch out for ......

columbus

Hi columbus,

Thanks for you reply. How do you see the Opto Circuits? good to buy at this level currently trading @325

Thanks,
-Bhargav

bhargav,

Volumes in OPTO is picking up, that is a POSITIVE sign. Opto circuit has BV at
33.90 and with an EPS of 12.60. It has a BV which is a bit low. Add to you portfolio on declines ,but in small lots. In yesteryears in bullmarket ,it was one of the favourites of many.

columbus

The following scrips are looking GOOD on charts:

1.NIIT (62/-)
2.Sobha(214/-)
3.Everonn(390/-)
4.Ranbaxy(357/-)

devangan123

The following scrips are looking GOOD on charts:

1.NIIT (62/-)
2.Sobha(214/-)
3.Everonn(390/-)
4.Ranbaxy(357/-)

Columbus I think you just posting scrips which has beaten enough , but my dear friend this is bear markets and this policy is worst trading policy in bear markets .

People bough HDIL when it was trading at 400 considering that it has beaten enough from 1400 now it is at just 200 .

Same with Adlabs many traders bought considering from 1800 it has to 600 no its right time to buy but that touched 350 later on .

In bear markets bears like to keep short those scrips who are not able to find support. So instead of posting beaten up scrips post some scrips who are good according to technicals like tren line break outs or triangle break outs

It is commanly said that Never short a scrip in Bull market just because it has risen enough and Never buy any scrip in bear markets just because it has beaten enough

Regards
Devan

columbus

Columbus I think you just posting scrips which has beaten enough , but my dear friend this is bear markets and this policy is worst trading policy in bear markets .

People bough HDIL when it was trading at 400 considering that it has beaten enough from 1400 now it is at just 200 .

Same with Adlabs many traders bought considering from 1800 it has to 600 no its right time to buy but that touched 350 later on .

In bear markets bears like to keep short those scrips who are not able to find support. So instead of posting beaten up scrips post some scrips who are good according to technicals like tren line break outs or triangle break outs

It is commanly said that Never short a scrip in Bull market just because it has risen enough and Never buy any scrip in bear markets just because it has beaten enough

Regards
Devan

Devan,

Yes they are beaten down stocks, yet fundamentally good.Most of the stocks are for long term investment, with an idea to add on every dip but never sell in next two years.

.................................Bookvalue............EPS................OPM................Remarks

1.NIIT (62/-)................22.10.................2.00...............12.72..............BIG EQUITY,2 Rs face value
2.Sobha(214/-).............135.60...............30.20..............26.17..............BIG EQUITY
3.Everonn(390/-)..........123.00.................9.10..............35.82 ...............------------
4.Ranbaxy(357/-)..........67.80.................14.00..............10.36..............Big Equity,5 FV

Last edited:

devangan123

Devan,

Yes they are beaten down stocks, yet fundamentally good.Most of the stocks are for long term investment, with an idea to add on every dip but never sell in next two years.
Thanks Columbus for explanation.

But some things i want to point out and explain further . Any bear market which comes after 5 or more years of bull run has a normal tenure of 12-18 months . If we consider our bear market even from Feb 2008 then it is not going to end in this year 2008. So it may not be the right time to go for long term investment in my view.

If any one want to track which may be the right time to invest than track nifty or sensex monthly chart . They are not oversold yet. RSI in monthly charts of Nifty is 46.34 . And it is slow process will take some time to go into oversold position i.e. below 30 then it will bounce back from below 30 to above 30 , at that time any one can think of long term investment . And that time may be you get stocks much more cheaper from current valuation.

Devan

columbus

Thanks Columbus for explanation.

But some things i want to point out and explain further . Any bear market which comes after 5 or more years of bull run has a normal tenure of 12-18 months . If we consider our bear market even from Feb 2008 then it is not going to end in this year 2008. So it may not be the right time to go for long term investment in my view.

If any one want to track which may be the right time to invest than track nifty or sensex monthly chart . They are not oversold yet. RSI in monthly charts of Nifty is 46.34 . And it is slow process will take some time to go into oversold position i.e. below 30 then it will bounce back from below 30 to above 30 , at that time any one can think of long term investment . And that time may be you get stocks much more cheaper from current valuation.

Devan
Devan,

Thanks for info on RSI. Two months back,RSI came down to levels of 30 for about ONE month.
Later on it climbed to 70 levels in next 15 days.Now we are settled at 40.This is for market as
a whole not for individual stocks.For individual stocks.So identify a good stock, buy it ,in small
lots.If declines, don't worry,add some more .This operation should start once it reduces to
1/4 th of HIGH attained in last couple of years.

Somehow I have fascination for stocks with BV greater than 100, low equity and 10 FV stocks.

lalpar

In Bear Market LOWS ARE LOWER THAN PREVIOUS LOWS!!!so be watchfull :)...

Few picks for 2 years with 75% upside from current levels

1)REC
2)Vishal Retail
3)TATA Motors
4) L and T

columbus

In Bear Market LOWS ARE LOWER THAN PREVIOUS LOWS!!!so be watchfull :)...

Few picks for 2 years with 75% upside from current levels

1)REC
2)Vishal Retail
3)TATA Motors
4) L and T
lalpar,

Except REC ,all other three are good.REC is having huuuuuuuuuge equity,I believe.(850 crores)