Want to Purchase Amibroker but how??

Striker

Want to Purchase Amibroker :D :D but how?? Do they have any re seller in INDIA?
If so please give details , if not then how can I pay for it other than by using debit/credit card ? Is it possible to pay by net banking? :confused:
Why would u buy amibroker? It is an age old software. Is if no use really.. Unless you're into coding algo strategies that can anyways be done on excel. Don't waste ur money buddy.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Why would u buy amibroker? It is an age old software. Is if no use really.. Unless you're into coding algo strategies that can anyways be done on excel. Don't waste ur money buddy.
there r regular updates in amibroker as well. there is a lot of difference between 5.3 version and the latest 6 version.
it is not waste of money.
BTW pls list out alternatives which r equivalent to ami and cheaper..

cloudTrader

So u are doing ur strategy in excel or in other software?

if amibroker is an age old software , what is then cutting age software?
True , this needs to be answered by Striker.

there r regular updates in amibroker as well. there is a lot of difference between 5.3 version and the latest 6 version.
it is not waste of money.
BTW pls list out alternatives which r equivalent to ami and cheaper..
Yes I also need to know such alternatives if they exist at all..:D

vijkris

Learner and Follower
ninja trader can be an alternative , but didn find it as customisable as ami. maybe its not easy to code in it. it is free though.
of course there are many users of ninja in this forum, who might have used ami b4. only they can compare it more elaborately.

Amibroker may not be very useful for you. But I have used it for developing indicators and trading systems and I have yet to find another platform that is anywhere as fast as amibroker for making simple indicators and systems.

Here are some things that take virtually no time in amibroker, but take a lot of time on most platforms:

a. Change parameters and see their effect on the chart. In ami, you can drag through parameter slider and see the chart update in realtime.

b. Change timeframes on a chart - On most platforms, this can take some time, in ami it is done instantly.

c. Change symbols on a chart - Most platforms will do a refresh and take some time to load data when you change symbols on a chart. With ami, it is again instant. I have not seen many trading platforms that are as fast as ami when it comes to changing chart symbols.

d. Make changes to code and see the effect instantly. No need to compile indicator code, reload chart, etc. This is super efficient for a programmer who is writing new indicators. I have sometimes used ami only for this feature when developing a new indicator. I would then port that indicator to other platforms after I have fine tuned it on ami.

For auto trading, ami is perhaps not very good and I would not use it for any kind of auto trading.

Ninja is a free platform with its own strengths, but the above are where ami clearly scores over ninja. I actually use both realtime as each platform has its own strengths. But even Ninja is not really free. Its real power comes into the picture when you use it for executions and for that you need to pay a monthly lease unless your broker gives it to you for free.

Ami is also one of the cheapest platforms out there. You can get a lifetime license for $339 or $279. Even excel will cost you more. Some ninja indicators cost that much. Most platforms will cost > $50 per month to license or $500 and higher to buy a lifetime license. This price also comes with 1 or 2 years of free upgrades.

If you are a trader, this is a small cost. You will most likely pay more in a year for a proper data feed.

-- no1lives4ever

Last edited:

mmca2006

Amibroker may not be very useful for you. .........
If you are a trader, this is a small cost. You will most likely pay more in a year for a proper data feed.

-- no1lives4ever
Just curious to know about Amibroker bridge offered by sharekhan , will I get RT data along with back fill if i subscribe for amibroker bridge :confused:?? If it is so I would prefer to subscribe than to pay some data vendor.... suggestion solicited ..please.:)

Just curious to know about Amibroker bridge offered by sharekhan , will I get RT data along with back fill if i subscribe for amibroker bridge :confused:?? If it is so I would prefer to subscribe than to pay some data vendor.... suggestion solicited ..please.:)
From this url: http://www.sharekhan.com/oalert/OAlert_tt.aspx?tt=2, it looks like amibroker bridge is to send automated trade orders to trade tiger. No mention of data or backfill.

-- no1lives4ever

trash

Hilarious.

Try to copy these examples http://amibrokerforum.proboards.com/thread/100/achievable-using-tiny-bit-imagination (which are still scratching just on the surface of what you can do with that "age old software" (as only a really clueless one would call it)) with some other software out there.

I will save you some time... you won't find the right one.