Using Amibroker Plus Quote Trader with NSE feed but facing timing issue...help

Hello,

I got your point. Let me work with QT, try and explore it. I will come back to you asap.

Regards,

AmiBroker-India
Hello,

Regret to inform that despite making lot of efforts, I could not succeed. I have also received feedbacks from Development Teams of QuoteTracker as well as AmiBroker that this thing is currently not possible and there is no workaround too. You will have to make good with time-difference of 30 mins.

Best regards,

AmiBroker-India

Hello,

Regret to inform that despite making lot of efforts, I could not succeed. I have also received feedbacks from Development Teams of QuoteTracker as well as AmiBroker that this thing is currently not possible and there is no workaround too. You will have to make good with time-difference of 30 mins.

Best regards,

AmiBroker-India
No worries sir - hats off to your professionaly quick and prompt reply and follow up...

PS: Last year I logged a bug to Amibroker support team and was told that it may be taken care in future release !

BTW what is best Quality data RT source for NSE that you would recommand to use with Amibroker (other then esignal - i am fed up with them) ?

Rgds, Nisha

Last edited:
Hello,

Best regards,

AmiBroker-India
Hello,

Although I know every program will have its limitations, I felt little bad while writing mail above and decided to give this a last try. Finally, I hope I was able to give you what you want.

Enclosed herewith is the AFL which will advance chart timings by 30 mins. Please note that you will have to advance 10 hours from AmiBroker QuoteTracker Plug-in Window from File>>Database Setting>>Intraday Settings>>Time-shift = 10.

I hope this helps.

With best regards,

AmiBroker-India

Hello,

Although I know every program will have its limitations, I felt little bad while writing mail above and decided to give this a last try. Finally, I hope I was able to give you what you want.

Enclosed herewith is the AFL which will advance chart timings by 30 mins. Please note that you will have to advance 10 hours from AmiBroker QuoteTracker Plug-in Window from File>>Database Setting>>Intraday Settings>>Time-shift = 10.

I hope this helps.

With best regards,

AmiBroker-India
Thank you very much sir...this is an excellent AFL...

However it partially solves the issue - this afl only shift's display timings, internally AB still uses actual fetched timings in the processing and building the bars (so if i dynamically calculate Floor Pivots I am getting wrong values as well hourly bars out of orders) :(

I wonder if there is any other way to manipulate timings while or after fetching data from QT...let me know if there is any leads to this...

PS : Meanwhile if we can pursue AB developers to have some work around that would be great....as QT adds lots of value to Amibroker as a product as QT is reliable and it's almost free (5$ per month) so going extra mile will certainly benefit all registered product users !

Best rgds, Nisha

Last edited:
Thank you very much sir...this is an excellent AFL...

However it partially solves the issue - this afl only shift's display timings, internally AB still uses actual fetched timings in the processing and building the bars (so if i dynamically calculate Floor Pivots I am getting wrong values as well hourly bars out of orders) :(

I wonder if there is any other way to manipulate timings while or after fetching data from QT...let me know if there is any leads to this...

PS : Meanwhile if we can pursue AB developers to have some work around that would be great....as QT adds lots of value to Amibroker as a product as QT is reliable and it's almost free (5$ per month) so going extra mile will certainly benefit all registered product users !

Best rgds, Nisha
Hello,

Now that you already have this AFL with you, add this snippet of code and use the newly achieved time parameters everytime before making calculations based on new timings . It will then give you correct reasults.

Best regards,

AmiBroker-India

Hello,

Now that you already have this AFL with you, add this snippet of code and use the newly achieved time parameters everytime before making calculations based on new timings . It will then give you correct reasults.

Best regards,

AmiBroker-India
Thanks again but unfortunately as I said this AFL does only "ChartTimeShift" this is just to display timings on chart and not actual bar timings shift..so actual bar still retains old timing and in any calculation actual timings is taken into consideration and not display timings..

The end result is still same and has following two issues...

1) QT's NSE start fetch time is 11:25 pm previous night (which is 9:55 am NSE) now while deriving daily floor pivot points on hourly chart this timing 11:25 till 11:59 is taken as previous days data and hence all H,L and C are messed up resulting wrong values for Floor Pivots for today...above AFL does not solve this issue as AB's internal engine still considers actual timing..above AFL just shifts Display timings.

2) Hourly bars are still out of order and not as it should be 9:55-10:00, 10:01-11:00 etc (as actual timing is still same as above AFL changes Display timings only)

I hope am able to present the issue clearly...have spent hours and hours trying to have some work around this issue but in the end no luck (this has resulted me as a AFL expert now)...above AFL just shifts display....I understand this is a frustrating issue and hoping someone someday will find a proper solution either AB or QT team...QT is too good a product for AB to loose out the combination...

Otherwise AB rocks....

Wonder how everyone else using AB+QT managing around this issue?

rgds, Nisha