Trendline Change

thanks guys for all ur support.

Keep a watch on this one:
Tanla Solutions.
Trade only when it crosses 522 level of resistance.
If we are lucky there can be a 2nd break-out.

Last edited:
Hi Lucky,

Why no stop? :eek:

Regards,

ss
Hi Sunil,

There is only one condition:

I mean to follow the rules of trend lines strictly.

A trend may be either up, down or sideways.
Your stop loss will be at a place where a trend line or support level is broken.

We do not need to know how long a trend will last. We only need to know that trends continue until something changes in the supply and demand balance for the financial instrument in the market place. And we need to identify trend changes in a timely manner. - By Robert W. Colby

Thanks & Regards

Trends are the most important Considerations in Trading & investing:

Market prices move in trends. Many variables influence trends. Market prices lead actual developments in underlying fundamental conditions. Therefore, why trends occur is not always evident in real time. Sometimes, the reason are not clear even well after the trend is over. Technical market indicators are designed simply to identify trends and trend changes without concern for underlying causes and effects.

Trends persist. We do not need to know how long a trend will last. We only need to know that trends continue until something changes in the supply and demand balance for the financial instrument in the market place. And we need to identify trend changes in a timely manner.

The market response to a significant new force unfolds over time as investors of different abilities and various constraints perceive and react to new developments at different rates. Market trends begin like rippling rings of water after a pebble has been tossed into the centre of the still pond. At the beginning, the most knowledgeable and best informed players transact their business based on the new reality, and their transactions create the first ripple in the market. Following closely, the second best informed react to create a second ring. Soon after, the third best informed investors make their trades to create a third ring. And so on, until finally the least sophisticated investors respond to the changed environment. By then the trend is over, and a trend reversal is at hand. This is the way directional-price trends unfold in waves of buying and selling.

Human beings buy and sell stocks, and people are moved by their emotions. The emotional state of the crowd, investor psychology, apart from all rational fundamental economic considerations, is the most important determinant of investors` decision making and therefore of actual market behaviour. Investors psychology is revealed in Tape Indicators and in specialized Sentiment Indicators in this book.

Trends are detectable in several different time frames, ranging from years to moments. There are three possible trend directions: up, down, or sideways. These trend directions differ in different time frames: major long-term trends that last for years; significant intermediate-term trends that last from a few weeks to a few months; minor short-term trends that last for days; and noisy momentary trends that concern only short-term traders. ----The Encyclopedia of Technical Market Indicators By Robert W. Colby

Thanks & Regards

Satyen

Trends are the most important Considerations in Trading & investing:

Market prices move in trends.
............................................./QUOTE]

Thanks Lucky for the article
and one basic doubt how we can confirmed that a neew trend has started .........i mean detection of trend at its earlier stage .... if a stock breaks its downtrend line does it mean it will go into uptrend ?? or other methods has to be looked into to detect trend ...........

Waiting your comment

Regards
Satya

Thanks Lucky for the article
and one basic doubt how we can confirmed that a neew trend has started .........i mean detection of trend at its earlier stage .... if a stock breaks its downtrend line does it mean it will go into uptrend ?? or other methods has to be looked into to detect trend ...........

Waiting your comment

Regards
Satya
A trend Change can be in any direction up, down or sideways.
That is why, I prefer breakout from its resistance level to confirm an upward trend.Then, I use macd indicator which gives me a general view of demand & supply.

Thanks & Regards,