Trading with TSMA (Trailing Stop Moving Average) System

:thumb:
I am not sure how many of you are interested but I have created an Expert Advisor for automated trading FX based on this strategy. I am running the tests on a demo account and let you know the performance.

I am not sure if the script is created properly as I am very new to MQL... any MetaTrader expert here to verify my script?
sir

I am interested pl post the mt4 indicator here or send to to my mail id
[email protected] THANKS AND REGARDS.:)

findvikas

Buddy... that is still not working... I will share that once its ready but I need someone who can help me finish the coding of MQL... its little to sophisticated (complex is better word I guess)... the biggest problem with Open Source software is that they assume every darn person in this world understand C++ ... grrrr...

Hi Vikas,

I have zero knowlege in Amibroker as well as Metastock.

Can you please let me know if I can trade without the help of Amibroker for the above strategy.

I mean looking at the charts.:)

findvikas

I would not advice to trade on this with real money but if you want you can test this strategy using "Paper Money"

Here is what you should do...

- Switch to 15min chart or 5min chart of your preference..
- Add a Simple Moving Average (Period: 21) to the Chart

See if price is trading below this MA then we will be looking "only" for Short Trades, if Price is above this MA then we will be performing only Long Trades.

Now once you have 3 candles closed below/above the average you get into the trade... (Buy/Sell)... now you ride the trend until any of the one condition is met

1) If you are long, then exit if the current Bar Closed below the 3rd last bar.. or if you are short, then exit if the current Bar Closed above the 3rd last bar.
2) Reverse your position if the move above / below MA for 3 continuous bars

Was that simple enough?

findvikas

It does not work great on all charts... you need to backtest using different Timeframe of MA some works great with 21DMA, some with 13DMA and while some with 34DMA

So yes, it works but its still very much in initial stages and for testing purposes only.