Trading with FLAW system

bunny

so bunny , why did you decide the exit ??
did you exit because your analysis was saying to keep long open in first place.
I exited because I went offmarket. I had no way to keep an eye on charts. Now I don't want to "re-open" it immediately. Instead I am trying in stock futures.

FLAW FLEW FLOWN

Hi bunny

I think u r more pro and more richer in knowledge. I trace ur VSA thread regularly,but I use it in a different way to gauge the mkt over a period of time.It works almost 95% cases for me.I use only volume and moving average to switch my stocks in holding.I never relay on single bar volume analysis.There may be 100s different reasons for a stock to close above mid point with low volume.Hence it is absurd for me to say it isTEST.But whenever mkt taks a serious turn it is always occurred with divergence in volume.whatever may be, I want to express my own view about ur flaw method.

#First thing it seems to me psychologically impossible. Men (including women) never can do what he dont want to do .If it is against ur system then ok, otherwise u cant go against urself.U cant programe ur mind in revrse way bkos HE(mind) is more intelligent then us and HIS anti- vairous system is more powerful then mane made system.HE never can accept a revrse programe.If u forced to do so HE will change his database accordingly so that ultimately result remain same.

#Second thing ,about ur system.How do u decide that it is reversible?Real world is always irreversible.Once done it cant be undone.If u loss money in long position it is not 100% sure that u would be winner if u had short.

# When a mosquito bit us, it is spontaneous that our hands move to hit him/her.It is different thing 90% cases fly flew away and we goes on hitting ourself.It simply doesnt mean that to change the situation we should reverse the process,ie we should hit when there is no mosquito.To get the real success only thing we can do to increase our reflex.
These are my own opinion ,I never mind if u think all these are trash
ALL THE BEST

bunny

Hi Greencandle,

Thanks for coming to this thread. Whatever I am doing, is just an experiment. If it is working successfully, then I see no harm in following this reverse method.

There is some difference between how you and me would see the same chart. My brain has been trained to look at that thing in a particular way. The (faulty)outcome is almost reflexive, and not tedious mental work. So I can assume that the bias will play less of itself.

For instance, yesterday, I have gone long(on paper) on RCOM, SAIL, SBIN and BPCL stock future. You can see the entry price here: http://www.editgrid.com/user/bunnyflaw/Bunny_Flaw Except BPCL, all others have made good money. All these were against my bearish view on them.

bunny

Hi Greencandle,

I re-read #2 of your comment, and I think that you have slightly misunderstood the system. The flow chart of the system is:
  1. Go through all the constituent stocks on CNX 100.
  2. Label the last bar as strong or weak, ofcourse with dure consideration to background.
  3. Go long on the weak stock and short on the strong stock.

The mind does not know in advance which stock should be shorted or longed.

anuragmunjal

hi bunny

I am a firm believer that all market movement is random with few trends thrown in between, as would be the case with the coin toss where u can have a series of successive heads or tails in the general random outcome. therefore, I beleive that at times vsa would work and at times flaw system would work.
as a trader my endeavour would be that if I have a bullish or bearish outlook on some particular stock (through any system) I would like 2 judge my risk 2 reward, ie. if I am right what would I earn, how would I pyramid into my position, and how much would I make if I am proven right by the market corresponding to how much I stand to loose if I am proven wrong.
If my understanding of the risk assosiated is clear and my expected reward is signifcantly higher than the risk associated, then whatever system I use is the right system.

regards
Anurag

Amazing system. So cool and brave to do this. I have been trading for a month and all my trades are based on indicators ( rsi, macd, trend lines, fib etc ). But I have been on the losing side mostly ( stop loss hits and then takes off in the direction i want :) ). I didnt take advantage of the last 3 day bull run also. So my wife feels I trade opposite of what I think ( if you are a "Seinfeld" fan - US 90s sitcom - George decides to do everything the opposite in his life - just hilarious ), I might have a better hit ratio. Ah well.

btw, how come you dont have a stop loss ?

Good luck...

padysrini

bunny

Amazing system. So cool and brave to do this. I have been trading for a month and all my trades are based on indicators ( rsi, macd, trend lines, fib etc ). But I have been on the losing side mostly ( stop loss hits and then takes off in the direction i want :) ). I didnt take advantage of the last 3 day bull run also. So my wife feels I trade opposite of what I think ( if you are a "Seinfeld" fan - US 90s sitcom - George decides to do everything the opposite in his life - just hilarious ), I might have a better hit ratio. Ah well.

btw, how come you dont have a stop loss ?

Good luck...

padysrini
Hi Padysrini,

Thanks for dropping in.

I don't have a stop-loss because I believe that price can be manipulated just for the sake of triggering stops. You too have mentioned a similar experience in your reply - 'The stop is triggered and price moves in opposite direction then'. This does not mean that my system will not have a stop-loss at all. As I have said, this is the beginning, and as time passes, everything will fall in place, that is if I find the system working in the first place.

bunny

hi bunny

I am a firm believer that all market movement is random with few trends thrown in between, as would be the case with the coin toss where u can have a series of successive heads or tails in the general random outcome. therefore, I beleive that at times vsa would work and at times flaw system would work.
as a trader my endeavour would be that if I have a bullish or bearish outlook on some particular stock (through any system) I would like 2 judge my risk 2 reward, ie. if I am right what would I earn, how would I pyramid into my position, and how much would I make if I am proven right by the market corresponding to how much I stand to loose if I am proven wrong.
If my understanding of the risk assosiated is clear and my expected reward is signifcantly higher than the risk associated, then whatever system I use is the right system.

regards
Anurag
Hi Anurag,

I am replying with context to the highlighted quote.

Agreed that VSA produced great results on some occasions for me. However, these occasions were very uncommon compared to the times when it has not worked.

I have experienced so many sudden unexpected failure of VSA events on many occasions. I do not blame VSA for this. I will blame my "lack of skill" and consider that I have missed something in the background. After so many such failures, it is difficult to believe that a upthrust bar may not be an upthrust.

Anyways, I am quite happy with the FLAW system.