Trading The Bars Part 2

SavantGarde

Re: Trading The Bars

Thanks for opening thread again!!!!! Want to master ur style but looks difficult at present.. Lets see!!!
Yes does require a little getting used to.....but one must have an unshakeable confidence to do it....just that one needs to create their own benchmark.....and try exceed....!!!

Understanding the slightly longer term picture to trade smaller TF...is the Key....No...known Buy & Sell setups will work....!!!

SG

SavantGarde

There are a few guys.....because of whom I do these Trades now....so that they can copy the trades through Read Only password....!!!

MB Trading account trades are single orders of minimum 5 to 10 standard Lots.....!!!

SG

SavantGarde

Just have a question, is ur same style applicable on stocks and nifty future???
Thanks!
For the Indian markets it is perhaps even more unusual I dont even have the chart....just Bid & Ask ...and yes...you can sit next to me and choose the trade that I should be doing next from the 20-30 Futures available on screen....I will get in within a few minutes and exit....hopefully with decent profit....:)

There is an incidence related to the above... a couple of friends would come over to the office everyday....to watch me trade so they could put in their trades by calling their broker....anyways it started of as fun...but one of them asked if I could Trade one Trade at a time and in total put 100 trades with each and every one of them in profit in a single day...condition was that my friend would select the Scrip at random that I should be trading next..after exiting an earlier trade...it wasnt something I had attempted before...and by the way at that time market opened at 9.55 am....sounded pretty exciting to me....so attempted it one day...and while there was still a few minutes left so I put one more trade on my own to make it 101....perhaps I was lucky on the day but did manage to exit every trade in positive....also a net profit of approx. 76k.....:)

gambler

For the Indian markets it is perhaps even more unusual I dont even have the chart....just Bid & Ask ...and yes...you can sit next to me and choose the trade that I should be doing next from the 20-30 Futures available on screen....I will get in within a few minutes and exit....hopefully with decent profit....:)

There is an incidence related to the above... a couple of friends would come over to the office everyday....to watch me trade so they could put in their trades by calling their broker....anyways it started of as fun...but one of them asked if I could Trade one Trade at a time and in total put 100 trades with each and every one of them in profit in a single day...condition was that my friend would select the Scrip at random that I should be trading next..after exiting an earlier trade...it wasnt something I had attempted before...and by the way at that time market opened at 9.55 am....sounded pretty exciting to me....so attempted it one day...and while there was still a few minutes left so I put one more trade on my own to make it 101....perhaps I was lucky on the day but did manage to exit every trade in positive....also a net profit of approx. 76k.....:)
Kya baat hai sir, You are champion!!

SavantGarde

that is really amazing sir, i even after lookin 4 indicators also ,i manage to just breakeven.
what is the secret of this success sir?
Rajesh.... One should believe in themselves... and set Benchmarks that seem impossible.....While I am not very active with trading these days....but I still do a little bit so that my thought process doesnt get rusted....Keeps my mind sharp as before....!!!

Frankly, I am at loss to explain ....How I trade....perhaps one could think of it as discretionary...believe me I am unconsolable when I have a losing trade.... think so much what was it that I did wrong... how I could have avoided that mistake....in a way, mind is buzzing to try and see that I do not make the same mistake....while at times I have the answer to the problem quite quickly and other times it has even taken more than a week to just find what was it that I could have done differently to avoid that particular mistake....!!!

SG

anayash

SG,

Just out of curiosity, do you maintain a trade journal for intraday/positional trades?

Even if a trade lasts just a few minutes, do you put that into the record?

I am asking because I have always wanted to make a trading journal. Although I do maintain it sometimes, but mostly I ignore it out of laziness!:D

Your thoughts please.