Trading System Junkyard

Hello Abhijit,

To take it further lets say we choose a timeframe and time duration and we carry out this simple exercise.

1. Find the maximum possible applitude extraction if the system catches all the tops and bottoms.
    (One of the ways to do this is by ploting a zig-zag across the entire data set and measure the sum of lengths of all the legs of zigzag)

2. We divide this sum with number of bars in our dataset (trend/bar).

3. We get the average range (H-L) of all the bars (range/bar).

4. We can also get trend noise ratio 2/3 for our choosen TF .

Regards
Sanjay
sounds much interesting. Did you do that for an index futures, say NIFTY futures?

beginner_av

Dont worry bro, other than 8-10 people on this board, others dont even know what a system is! and getting these 10 people to post is a big challenge.

beginner_av

my 2 cents ...:confused:

Try to be focused ... have a different specialized system for different market conditions.... instead of making a generic one... which might feel elusive.....considering the number of variables will increase exponentially...

But have a good system to select the different one each time... :) .. then you have a generic system ... :)
( what I meant to say is build the adaptability layer on the top .... )

Hope I make sense...:D
Why dont you give us some "tips" on how to determine different market conditions?

Thanks

dhakkan

Hi... sorry I put my foot in this thread unknowingly....
I am a pro in software ..but a novice in trading .. I am putting what I understand... If it does not makes sense .. please ignore.

What is a system:
A system is a predefined process which can be executed without the need of decision making on the fly.
Hence once designed can be given to other people who can just routinely execute it, without getting blamed for the losses..:)

Lets take two environmental condition trending and non-trending. (there might be other conditions also)

In trending market Saint's system will work wonders.

But for non-trending markets, we need another system (I am still searching for one, though I think Asishda's method will work here.... ).

Here we need a decision making layer which can decide, which system to use based on reading patterns/signals.

Example : few days back Saint said, avoid suzlon.. Now here he is himself the decision making layer. Saint is looking at the charts and deciding if the system will work or not.

I was suggesting, another layer which will keep on looking at charts and gives a go ahead to use the trending or non-trending system.

biyasc

Dont worry bro, other than 8-10 people on this board, others dont even know what a system is! and getting these 10 people to post is a big challenge.
do you want to say that only those 10 peoples are making money consistantly from the market.:D. i hope you are also in the group.

Last edited:

beginner_av

do you want to say that only those 10 peoples are making money consistantly from the market.. i hope you are also in the group.
your bovine excreta is always welcome, specially after seeing your pic! enjoy buddy.

Last edited: