Trading NR7 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOD

All the best WOD / Ankit on your journey to 1st Billion.

In my observations, traders have not become billionaire trading their own account but only after they started managing others account (hedge fund industry is full of such success stories).
Let me know if you guys ever think on those line. Maybe, I can give my account (atleast part of it) to you guys to manage it and retire from trading.

Happy Trading.
Yup AW, I am thinking on those lines(rather I have made it reason for me to live my life) but first I have to become a good trader....a long way to go then.....

BTW, as my mentor,teacher and friend, please post your opinion here:

http://www.traderji.com/equities/31273-one-quick-question-all-traders-who-consider-themselves-successful.html

lazytrader

Can we do like calculate avrage range of nifty daily bars on weekly basis and compare it with curent days range .... you mut have done some studies on this ..... in this way instead of rigidly following NR7 we can find out if current range is below some % of weekly average range then we switched to break out mode
Weekly range may not be very useful unless you are a positional trader. If you have a narrow range or two and breakout in a single week you'll see nothing on the weekly ranges. I would suggest 2D/3D ranges max. After 3 days of compression it is very likely you'll see a breakout.

ag_fx

In my observations, traders have not become billionaire trading their own account but only after they started managing others account (hedge fund industry is full of such success stories).
Let me know if you guys ever think on those line. Maybe, I can give my account (atleast part of it) to you guys to manage it and retire from trading.

Happy Trading.
Managed Accounts is one of the largest industry abroad. NFA & CFTC have specific requirements for such Managers/Traders..They have qualifying exams,rules,regulations and what not...
Definately on radar

:thumb:

Thanks for the first offer :)

lazytrader

Happy Trading.
What about Rakesh Jhunjunwala? I think he did that, didnt he?

AW10

scorpio77

Good decision! Let me share with you a very useful post. helped me a lot!!!
am sure u will relate to it.
refer link below

http://www.traderji.com/futures/21235-earn-15-lacs-21-months-1-lot-minifty-8.html#post298851

Yup...I am gonna stop learning anymore TA concept for atleast next 1 month....

Next complete one month I am gonna play around only SMAs, EMAs, Stochostic, NR7, fibonacci and divergence trading; thats it......I will try to build my systems around these....

Last edited:

rohangawale

Yeterday Was NR7 day today still now not havin break out etc is market waiting any triger for break out ??
Yesterday was 2NR7 day.
upside breakout level is 4597
downside breakout level is 4528.

lets c which side its going to break.
till now the high is 4595.8 and low is 4529.15.
exactly below the high and abv low of yesterday.

mkt has shown movement exactly inbetween yest H/L

kenneth

Connors and Raschke NR4 Historical Volatility System. Compares the 6 day volatility to the 100 day volatility. When this ratio drops below 50%, a buy stop and sell stop bracket the current price, expecting historical volatility to revert to the mean. Four day Narrow-Range (NR4) and Inside Day patterns are used to filter the trades to increase probabilities

Although yesterday was NR7 day Volatality is above 50% could be the reason? May be AW10 can clarify

Code:
Ticker	Date/Time	Buy	Close	 VolRatio	NR4day	NR7day	insidedayBuyStop	,SellStop,	
NIFTY	7/27/2009 	1	4572.300	0.53	1.00	1.00	0.00	4595.33	4530.02
Regards
ken

Status
Not open for further replies.