Trading NIFTY Futures with BUY SELL Ratios

Dawood

Hi Traders,
As Iam using ZERODHA and transferring live data to excel,just thought of using the buy sell ratios for trading.Got the live streaming Buy Sell ratio by dividing buyers with sellers. If the ratio is less than 1 sell Nifty ,1 to 1.2 trend not confirmed so stay away,1.2 to 1.4 risky buy,above 1.4 confirmed buy.Concept is to stay in the trade until buyers become less than 1.2 and trail the stop loss.Entry to be taken along by considering the important levels.

Similar calculations come into play for shorts.Get the Sell Buy ratio by dividing sellers with buyers. If the ratio is less than 1 buy Nifty ,1 to 1.2 trend not confirmed so stay away,1.2 to 1.4 risky Sell,above 1.4 confirmed sell.Stay in the trade until sellers become less than 1.2 and trail the stop loss.

Need comments from experienced traders on this strategy either to make changes in the signalling ratios. Concept is to stay in the trade during big rallies taking into the consideration of buying or selling power or pressure. Just started paper trading and will wait for valuable comments from traders.Please don't ask how to feed data in excel or how to feed formulas because the purpose of this thread will turn away.

Last edited:
if you have done some paper trading, give some detial here since i have first time read this trading idea

Dawood

The buy/sell ratio I call as buyer strength and sell/buy ratio I call as seller strength. I added the same ratio system and watching Bank Nifty also in conjunction with this.On friday 27th aug at 3.25 the seller strength in Bank Nifty was around 1.45 suddenly it increased drastically and went to 3.30 at closing bell indicating 3.3 times selling pressure in the market either due to the booking of longs of last time rally or creating new shorts. Please post new ideas or strategies which can be developed using excel sheet.

jallanankit

Hi Traders,
As Iam using ZERODHA and transferring live data to excel,just thought of using the buy sell ratios for trading.Got the live streaming Buy Sell ratio by dividing buyers with sellers. If the ratio is less than 1 sell Nifty ,1 to 1.2 trend not confirmed so stay away,1.2 to 1.4 risky buy,above 1.4 confirmed buy.Concept is to stay in the trade until buyers become less than 1.2 and trail the stop loss.Entry to be taken along by considering the important levels.

Similar calculations come into play for shorts.Get the Sell Buy ratio by dividing sellers with buyers. If the ratio is less than 1 buy Nifty ,1 to 1.2 trend not confirmed so stay away,1.2 to 1.4 risky Sell,above 1.4 confirmed sell.Stay in the trade until sellers become less than 1.2 and trail the stop loss.

Need comments from experienced traders on this strategy either to make changes in the signalling ratios. Concept is to stay in the trade during big rallies taking into the consideration of buying or selling power or pressure. Just started paper trading and will wait for valuable comments from traders.Please don't ask how to feed data in excel or how to feed formulas because the purpose of this thread will turn away.

This is one approach i was looking for a long long time... BUt here in the community i was told that this strategy can be beaten very easily s in specially a little less liquid scrips... The point is some big players can manipulate volume by placing bids at lowest points of the day just to manipulate such strategies..
Moreover i have been considering this NO. of buyers and sellers for practically all my trades.. though i dont take my decision on this..yet i keep this as a support to my trading decision..

Considering this may add value to ur strategy..

Happy trading

Can you please share the excel that you are using?

I am thinking of combining this with the ORB breakout counts for top 15 weightage stocks in Nifty 50

Hi Traders,

hi,
same idea came into my mind, few days back. Can you let me know your feedback on this strategy???