Trading FxCommodities With Me

ashu1234

Gold Short squeeze.
Out of proportion move in spite of tapering talks.
Another high time for gold traders.
Will wait and watch how things unfolds until Sep 18.

Ashu,

I had one question regarding FEMA , please dont mind this question in your thread .. I thought you would know thatsy i am putting it here.

I understarnd that trading fx is illegal, but is trading commodity futures legal ? All the RBI circulars that i have read talk only about fx. If i open an acount with some US broker and trade only commodity futures in US market, does that also violate FEMA ?

ashu1234

As per 2012 circular which is the latest i know so far, margin funding is not allowed for individuals. So futures-yes its kind or margin funding, but trading in equity is not margin funding as it requires full amount. So technically it is not allowed, but who will go in lengths to see if you are really trading equity or futures with the same broker, all that will reflect in your account is dollars in and out. There are 'n' number of loopholes and no clear cut policies to pin point the exact source and again i'll say keep it low profile nobody cares.

ashu1234

Which news to look out for if trading in XAUUSD (Gold)
Hii sunny,
Can't believe its your first post since you joined in 2007 :)
Anyways if you are asking particularly for xauusd then track us employment data and housing stats and feds monitory policies they have deep impact in current scenario. For Indian context focus on usdinr trend and current situation of demand and supply in local market. Like recently we are having supply shortage in Indian market and that gets reflected in inflated premium of current contract.

Thanks Ashu for ur prompt reply and keen observation , i m trading since last 10 yrs but in and out, recently i got inclined towards forex and have opened an a/c with FXCM UK, from all the pairs traded in forex wht i have observe is Gold follows technicals more religiously than others, could u suggest me any good websites where news related data can be found also is there a good plugin for MetaTrader 4 in which news events can be directly shown on charts.

Regards,
Sunny.

ashu1234

Thanks Ashu for ur prompt reply and keen observation , i m trading since last 10 yrs but in and out, recently i got inclined towards forex and have opened an a/c with FXCM UK, from all the pairs traded in forex wht i have observe is Gold follows technicals more religiously than others, could u suggest me any good websites where news related data can be found also is there a good plugin for MetaTrader 4 in which news events can be directly shown on charts.

Regards,
Sunny.
Hi,
yes you can check out forex announcement at forexfactory.com.
And your observations are correct too, gold do follow technicals, reason is simple the more liquid the market is chances of technical affecting price increases.
I have a plugin too for mt4. I'll attach it for you.
http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g908e09625749e34d999353999532304e10830d248

Last edited: