trading emotions

@ SDL.. don't loose hope because of a few day's of loss. It happens. But I hope you are trading based on well defined methods. Consistent profit takes time and profit... but there MUST be a plan and method to trade.
thanx manish ji ,
but problem is in me , today no trade from method wise ,
but i lost my disclipine and take trade on seeing hammer , that fail np .

again i see hammer not resist myself by thinking that yes , this trade will be a reversal , so i take that after taking market moves 13-14 points , i shd take profit or atleast move sl to price , but i see as dumb hitting my sl .

i commit myself if 2 trades loss in a row will take third one only a super setup with low risk is there and if that fail than will not take fourth trade in any circumtancs ,

i forget that and again take trade which has no value in itself , i think that in this move it will break days low , yes low and i will be ahead in entry from others , this failed than i have to stop .

but no , i again take same trade and stooped out .

so it is matter of disclipine to stick with method , where i am not able to follow. if i get loss in trading system trades than no problem , but without any reason trading and that also overtrading is very injerous in long run .

i have a calm plan for me for future , but i myself doubt whether i will remain in trading for long time or not ?

how seniors here remains disclipined ? this uptick/downtick fluctation is sometimes do magic on me and i see screen as dumb frozen deer.....
how to face this problem , seniors plz suggest .....

thanx manish ji ,

again i see hammer not resist myself by thinking that yes , this trade will be a reversal , so i take that after taking market moves 13-14 points , i shd take profit or atleast move sl to price , but i see as dumb hitting my sl .

i commit myself if 2 trades loss in a row will take third one only a super setup with low risk is there and if that fail than will not take fourth trade in any circumtancs ,

i forget that and again take trade which has no value in itself , i think that in this move it will break days low , yes low and i will be ahead in entry from others , this failed than i have to stop .

so it is matter of disclipine to stick with method , where i am not able to follow. if i get loss in trading system trades than no problem , but without any reason trading and that also overtrading is very injerous in long run .

i have a calm plan for me for future , but i myself doubt whether i will remain in trading for long time or not ?

how seniors here remains disclipined ? this uptick/downtick fluctation is sometimes do magic on me and i see screen as dumb frozen deer.....
SDL............bro.....I have only two question..... How many days you are in trading...and how many days you following this forum....after that I will help.....please don't PM me....:thumb:

amitrandive

thanx manish ji ,

SDL............bro.....I have only two question..... How many days you are in trading...and how many days you following this forum....after that I will help.....please don't PM me....:thumb:
i restarted trading 10 days back .
from last 1 year i am roaming in different forums .
from last 3 months i am in tj ( in silent mode)
currently my capital is 71k .
untill i make 2 lkhs from it , i will not add any more capital further .
if this 71k will lapse than i will quit trading .
currently i left the job and started full time trading , but what i saw on paper and what i am doing in live rt trading is completely different .
unable to control over me is my main problem .

amitrandive

currently i left the job and started full time trading , but what i saw on paper and what i am doing in live rt trading is completely different .
SDL

Did you paper trade , before you quit your job and went fulltime ?

manishchan

Paper trading is diff dn live. In live emotion kicks in..

First of all, stop watching the up down ticker. Watch only the chart.

Learn to sit on hand. Practice how to sit in live market and not trade.

Take SL everytime wid smile and shut down the computer if limit of the day reached. Check EOD what went right and what wwnt wrong.

DO NOT ever try to recover if ur first trade was a loss.

These are some of the things u can do to dicipline urself.

ys , for about 3 months i have tried diff. diff. methods than settle on a pivot trading method of tsf , with confirmation with an ema and a atr stop .
(method is nothing it is trading the flow of visual trend ).
but problem here is not with method .
problem here is that i take trade by looking some other setups like price action /candlestick patterns etc . which is not in my trading plan .
doing unwanted trade and overtrading is main problem .
and due to this problem , i got loss and when my system trade comes than i already cross my loosing limit and than fear from taking that system trade.
so how u seniors avoid to trade unwanted trades and overtrading ?

amitrandive

ys , for about 3 months i have tried diff. diff. methods than settle on a pivot trading method of tsf , with confirmation with an ema and a atr stop .
problem here is that i take trade by looking some other setups like price action /candlestick patterns etc . which is not in my trading plan .
and due to this problem , i got loss and when my system trade comes than i already cross my loosing limit and than fear from taking that system trade.
SDL

Overtrading can only be controlled with a disciplined mind.A disciplined mind is not easy and needs years of practice.

Manish has charted some good ideas for having discipline.You can visit my thread on A Strong trading mind.

manishchan

Happens wid all so dont worry. Howto be diciplined is somthing comes wid pratice. Will give weird example :)

We knw that when we are driving and car is rolling at 50 we put a sudden hand brake nd there will be accideny.We know we can put d hand brake... itz always there at reachable distance what what can i do to stop myself from doing dt... dtz wht u need to do

I have rat poison in my house... when i sprinkle it in d kitchen... there is chance dt i taste it nd die

Im im d balcony on fifth floor... there is chance dt if i lean and jump...i will die.

I knw all sounding weird ... right ? But think abt it. How do we know what can kill me and what not ? What do we do to stop ourself from pulling the handbrake, from eating d posion and from jumping off the balcony ?... same thing we need to do in trading.

1. Know, define, remember, memorize, rattofy "WHAT NOT TO DO"

2. DONT DO IT COZ U KNOW IT WILL KILL U.

Hope i made some sense :)

I never suggest you people trading intra day with out school pass out.....I means did you trade in Cash market before enter index trading....future Index I refer as a college......so you have to real trade intraday in cash market minimum 2-3 yrs..............some stocks also moving with index.....like SBIN..you can choose some stocks which are moves with index.....and please never use exposure in cash market....other wise you will wipe out with in 3 month.....:thumb: