TradeTiger - Issues

Hi,
Though we can add PRICE ALERT in TT, but can we also add alert for indicators ...like 3/15 EMA crossover alert which will alert me every time 3EMA value crosses 15 EMA value??

Thanks

DSM

Sammy.Young,

Guess though this could be technically feasible, it would be too much of a resource constraint on the Sharekhan's servers as traders would have different settings for indicators, and scan would have to be made on thousand's of stocks, derivatives, commodities, currency pairs etc. In short to answer your question - No, such alert does not exist.

Hi,
Though we can add PRICE ALERT in TT, but can we also add alert for indicators ...like 3/15 EMA crossover alert which will alert me every time 3EMA value crosses 15 EMA value??

Thanks

Hi,

I have a query regarding MACD settings...in TT, default settings are E9 S9 S24 but many other chart providers like icharts etc uses E12 E26 E9...
Both of these settings when used together giving exactly opposite results....If 1st one showing BUY, the other one showing SELL exactly at same point...
I'm confused which one I should use....can someone pls help me?

thanks !

DSM

Sammy Young, Settings are toyed around by traders since ages. Unfortunately few would take the trouble to compare charts consistently over along period of time to get a feel and master a certain setting. There are no right or wrong answers here. Take one setting, check charts (candlestick patterns formed) and study these for a few days or weeks. You will know what either of these setting convey and which one is suitable to you.

Good luck.

Hi,

I have a query regarding MACD settings...in TT, default settings are E9 S9 S24 but many other chart providers like icharts etc uses E12 E26 E9...
Both of these settings when used together giving exactly opposite results....If 1st one showing BUY, the other one showing SELL exactly at same point...

thanks !

mastermind007

Hi,

thanks !
E12 E26 E9 is the most common default setting for MACD Indicator and as far as I know, this were the defaults that were defined by the person who created the MACD Indicator.

E9 S9 S24 (as mentioned by you) seems to have very wild swings and very dangerous to your trading capital. This surprised me since I do plot MACD on TT sometimes and it never seemed to be so bad and I therefore verified the default settings of TT.

Default setting on MACD on TT is not what you've said but it is S9 S24 S9
This setting is very similar to E12 E26 E9 but seems to have lesser leading lags for few scrips

E12 E26 E9 is the most common default setting for MACD Indicator and as far as I know, this were the defaults that were defined by the person who created the MACD Indicator.

E9 S9 S24 (as mentioned by you) seems to have very wild swings and very dangerous to your trading capital. This surprised me since I do plot MACD on TT sometimes and it never seemed to be so bad and I therefore verified the default settings of TT.

Default setting on MACD on TT is not what you've said but it is S9 S24 S9
This setting is very similar to E12 E26 E9 but seems to have lesser leading lags for few scrips
Sorry the settings I told you on TT was for MACDH (Histogram)...
for normal MACD, the settings are S9(Avg period) S9(short period) S24(long period)

I plotted the MACD Histogram using E 12 26 9 and using TT default S 9 9 24 and both hostograms looked mirror image (Inverted).

how to resolve this as 'E' wala is telling me to SELL but 'S' wala (TT default) telling me to BUY :( and vice-versa

mastermind007

Sorry the settings I told you on TT was for MACDH (Histogram)...
for normal MACD, the settings are S9(Avg period) S9(short period) S24(long period)

I plotted the MACD Histogram using E 12 26 9 and using TT default S 9 9 24 and both hostograms looked mirror image (Inverted).

how to resolve this as 'E' wala is telling me to SELL but 'S' wala (TT default) telling me to BUY :( and vice-versa
Back test!

Can anyone tell me about RSI parameters. like in this image we have two param avg and rsi period as in TT.
I have another tool zerodha PI where whenever i add RSI it shows only one parameter.
Due to day job i am not able to access TT so is there any other online trading site which provide same indicator(param may be different) as per TT.

thanks

Last edited: