Trade Smart Online

Yeah. Couldn't log in to Sine hence couldn't check the notification :(
You should not have needed to login to Sine to check the notifications if you've logged in in the recent past. Basically your device id needs to be mapped with your client id in our systems. The moment you login that is done. In future you'd get the notifications even if you are not logged in.

I'm a scalper in Nifty and Banknifty options and use Nest terminal for trading in my tradesmartonline account.

I am facing problem with lag in quotes refresh in Nest ever since I started trading with tradesmart few months back.

When I login to Nest, quotes refresh properly without any lag for like 5-10 minutes. During this period I'm able to modify or cancel my pending orders and place new orders without any problem. After this initial trouble-free 5-10 minutes, problem of lag or Nest terminal hanging starts. Basically what happens is that quotes refresh for 3 seconds and then no update/refresh for next 3 seconds. Even the clock on the status bar at the top of Nest stops for this period of 3 seconds. Some 25-30 minutes after login on Nest, this time period of lag or Nest terminal hanging goes up to 5 seconds. If I leave the Nest unattended for 40 minutes or so, quotes refresh for 2 seconds and then Nest hangs for next 7 seconds.

During this period when the terminal is hanging, I can't place new order or modify existing order. For a scalper like me who is aiming to trade calls or puts for a small profit margin, this lag is a killer.

My solution to this problem is that I logout of Nest every 15 minutes and then login again. There are days when I logout and login for about 15 times and some trades are missed due to this frequent logout/logins.

I am using Nest version 3.16.0 on Windows 10. I have tried using 3 different laptops with latest generation Intel or AMD Ryzen CPU with at least 8 GB or 16 GB RAM. I have both Tata and Airtel 100 mbps fiber connections in my office. I have tried all the combinations of 3 laptops and 2 broadband lines.

Many years back, I was using Zerodha when they were offering Nest. When Zerodha discontinued offering Nest, I moved on to Upstox because they were offering Nest. Last year Upstox also discontinued Nest, so I moved to Tradesmart. I never had this problem of lag/hanging with Nest back when I was on Zerodha and Upstox for a total of over 9 years. I don't want want to go back to web interface of upstox because slicing of bigger square-off orders doesn't happen over there.

Is anyone else on this forum facing this problem with Tradesmart's Nest? If yes, then what is the solution?
We haven't heard of this issue from other users. However, would leave it to the other community members to share their experience.

I'm a scalper in Nifty and Banknifty options and use Nest terminal for trading in my tradesmartonline account.

I am facing problem with lag in quotes refresh in Nest ever since I started trading with tradesmart few months back.

When I login to Nest, quotes refresh properly without any lag for like 5-10 minutes. During this period I'm able to modify or cancel my pending orders and place new orders without any problem. After this initial trouble-free 5-10 minutes, problem of lag or Nest terminal hanging starts. Basically what happens is that quotes refresh for 3 seconds and then no update/refresh for next 3 seconds. Even the clock on the status bar at the top of Nest stops for this period of 3 seconds. Some 25-30 minutes after login on Nest, this time period of lag or Nest terminal hanging goes up to 5 seconds. If I leave the Nest unattended for 40 minutes or so, quotes refresh for 2 seconds and then Nest hangs for next 7 seconds.

During this period when the terminal is hanging, I can't place new order or modify existing order. For a scalper like me who is aiming to trade calls or puts for a small profit margin, this lag is a killer.

My solution to this problem is that I logout of Nest every 15 minutes and then login again. There are days when I logout and login for about 15 times and some trades are missed due to this frequent logout/logins.

I am using Nest version 3.16.0 on Windows 10. I have tried using 3 different laptops with latest generation Intel or AMD Ryzen CPU with at least 8 GB or 16 GB RAM. I have both Tata and Airtel 100 mbps fiber connections in my office. I have tried all the combinations of 3 laptops and 2 broadband lines.

Many years back, I was using Zerodha when they were offering Nest. When Zerodha discontinued offering Nest, I moved on to Upstox because they were offering Nest. Last year Upstox also discontinued Nest, so I moved to Tradesmart. I never had this problem of lag/hanging with Nest back when I was on Zerodha and Upstox for a total of over 9 years. I don't want want to go back to web interface of upstox because slicing of bigger square-off orders doesn't happen over there.

Is anyone else on this forum facing this problem with Tradesmart's Nest? If yes, then what is the solution?
While we are waiting for comments from other members, you may also want to try the steps mentioned below in one of our earlier posts.

https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/trade-smart-online.76601/post-1440468

In case it still doesn't work you may also try to shutdown laptop forcefully using command line by following the below steps
  • Go to Start > Run
  • Please type the below command and press Enter
    Shutdown -s -f -t 00

Last edited:
Which other softwares are you running at the same time ?

Also, I run ccleaner every day before shutdown. It cleans out the temp files. Some people do it on booting.

Chrome temp files need to be manually cleared using Ctrl+Alt+Del or through its menu.
I am running only Nest on the laptop that is used for placing orders. A separate laptop is used for running Amibroker etc.

I ran ccleaner before shutting down the Windows and then again after booting the windows. Also cleared the cache of browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Edge). Problem of Nest freezing still exists.

I had 8 nifty option strikes in one market watch and another market watch with 6 bank nifty option strikes.

To be sure, I formatted the hard drive (SSD) of a laptop (with AMD ryzen 5500U CPU and 8 GB RAM) and did a fresh install of Windows 10 on it from the ISO downloaded from microsoft.com. Then installed Nest on this laptop. There is no other software installed on this laptop now except fresh Windows 10 and Nest. Still the problem of Nest hanging exists as before.

For what it's worth, trading is my part-time business and I am an Android and iOS developer. So, I'm not a noob when it comes to using tech. But I'm not sure what is happening here.

If you don't mind telling, which city you are in and which broadband service provider are you using? I am in Delhi and using Tata and Airtel fiber internet connections. I am asking because this may be problem due to internet connectivity.

Last edited:
While we are waiting for comments from other members, you may also want to try the steps mentioned below in one of our earlier posts.

https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/trade-smart-online.76601/post-1440468

In case it still doesn't work you may also try to shutdown laptop forcefully using command line by following the below steps
  • Go to Start > Run
  • Please type the below command and press Enter
    Shutdown -s -f -t 00
Can you please contact the guys in your tech team and tell them to have a close look on the routing of connections to your servers in the data-center and draw their attention to this problem.

In last 2 years, many ISPs have moved to using CGNAT because IPv4 IP addresses are no longer available. CGNAT has messed up with many legacy desktop applications. May be there is something your techs can do to mitigate the problem.

Your web app (Sine) has a very primitive user interface, to say the least. In that, even adding or deleting option strikes in a market watch is a convoluted process. So your effort in resolving Nest related problem will be a big help for customers like me.

brokenbull

I am running only Nest on the laptop that is used for placing orders. A separate laptop is used for running Amibroker etc.

I ran ccleaner before shutting down the Windows and then again after booting the windows. Also cleared the cache of browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Edge). Problem of Nest freezing still exists.

I had 8 nifty option strikes in one market watch and another market watch with 6 bank nifty option strikes.

To be sure, I formatted the hard drive (SSD) of a laptop (with AMD ryzen 5500U CPU and 8 GB RAM) and did a fresh install of Windows 10 on it from the ISO downloaded from microsoft.com. Then installed Nest on this laptop. There is no other software installed on this laptop now except fresh Windows 10 and Nest. Still the problem of Nest hanging exists as before.

For what it's worth, trading is my part-time business and I am an Android and iOS developer. So, I'm not a noob when it comes to using tech. But I'm not sure what is happening here.

If you don't mind telling, which city you are in and which broadband service provider are you using? I am in Delhi and using Tata and Airtel fiber internet connections. I am asking because this may be problem due to internet connectivity.
Iam tempted to give a suggestion.
Try connect laptop from your mobile phone internet via laplink.
Iam not running nest. I have no broadband. Zerodha kite via airtel sim. Trading view charts via idea sim internet (2nd phone) .
If there is no issue in mobileinternet, you can identify the root cause of this problem of yours. Scalping with quotes freezing sounds .

Iam tempted to give a suggestion.
Try connect laptop from your mobile phone internet via laplink.
Iam not running nest. I have no broadband. Zerodha kite via airtel sim. Trading view charts via idea sim internet (2nd phone) .
If there is no issue in mobileinternet, you can identify the root cause of this problem of yours. Scalping with quotes freezing sounds .
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try with Airtel, Vodafone and Jio sim on Monday during trading hours. I don't have high hopes though because on 4G of all three operators, in my office, I get download speed of no more than 2 mbps and upload speed of 200 kbps with very high pings.

I use Airtel as my primary in Delhi and Surat. Jio is my secondary and Vodafone the third.

The moment I boot up, I open the command window and start "ping -t 8.8.8.8". It gives me an idea of the integrity of the connection.
My shutdown activity is to close the ping window and run ccleaner.

Edit : Airtel and Jio are through the hotspot and Vodafone is through the mobile phone.

More edit : Where are you located ?