Trade Learner

oilman5

sorry my random thought process.............turbulent trade idea........marketing....management mix up............to be demystified soon.

oilman5

do u understand cost?......this very question ........help u.
cost of learning
cost of not putting stoploss.
cost of leverage[interest vs blow out risk]
cost of foolish greed
cost of following tips
cost of not writing trade mistake
cost of not doing behavior modification
cost of faith in brokerage house
cost of distracting thought and destructive mind
just calculate........u move up lot of step ahead

oilman5

so back to basic
1.who u r ......what u know .....what is ur priority
2. can u give time .......devotion and consistency
..........................knowledge base......behavior modification.....knowing market....then act.
3. idea .......investment ......trading .........gambling
so for investment i try some idea.........both macro and micro
...............traderji has done TRADING........SUGGESTED TO AVOID gambling ......i restrict within INVESTMENT
IN MENTOR CONCEPT .........I USE TRADING SCHOOL .......CLASS WISE LEARNING
........LITTLE ELABORATION HERE
[as pro i coordinate project in oilfield.......but 2project i have done as amateur.....i]chess player........how and what......to become a pro in 4yr........next how to become a professional trader in 3yr.....catch is from amateur ........to trade as amateur is not added.........and time ........30hr a week......means u r pro.....5hr a week an amateur.so when job defined ........study time of av 20hr a week .........50 x 3yr=150week or 3000hr of productive study can make u a trader. if u can put only 5 hr a week......it takes 12yr,if 10 hr ......then 6yr...........ofcourse trade mentor can help u to save time against money. understand trading is a practice and learn game....self realisation is key theme
...........................how many of u try to understand COST........as i defined.......may help to understand .........what level u r......capability

oilman5

i am an av joe ,walking in indian stock market......i dont know big talk , but can think have determination and time.assumption 12pass with 60% marks.....lets start
statistics.........basic concept of probability, regression analysis, sd.....and qc
ECONOMICS.....stock market as lead indicator, demand/supply.cycle concept
business..........enterprenaur what makes him click,why a business fail,concept of monopoly and market share
MARKETING.........NEW PRODUCT aggressively develop market share, old product how to cut competition.......game of advertising
macro economy.......budgetary policy,rbi monetary and credit policy,la.repo...reverse repo........rate of interest .......inflation and its impact
INTERNATIONAL FINANCE..........forex,global village,cheap product ,political risk ,stable govt,fdi ,import export gatt,ppp and swap,money flow and money squeeze
BEHAVIORIAL FINANCE.........how crowd behave,how greed /fear affect individual and when in group.dream vs reality,wish hope,study on fallacy.........when one quits
VALUE OF MONEY.............time value discounting concept,cash in hand ,oppurtunty
TIME MANAGEMENT........priority,get organised,abc analysis,delegation,imp learn to plan then act.
self development.........SWOT ANALYSIS.pogress review
company.........product development,market niche,ir ,distribution channel,vision,fund management ,integrity
to be contd

oilman5

accountancy..........debit/credit,3statement..balance sheet,profit loss,cash flow,financial ratio analysis its implication
corporate finance..........budget and forecasting,debt/equity ratio, how to fund
costing.......of a product,value vs. perception,time value ,break even ,overhead, profitability
VALUATION..........discounted cash flow,firm valuation,relative valuation technique,dividend model,book value vs replacement value

oilman5

basic financial planning..........ur personal balance sheet.....asset vs liability,derisking and insurance concept, asset allocation , ur suitability as risk taker
BOND MARKET.........yield curve analysis,interest rate implication
COMMODITY MARKET.......CYCLE , WHERE LIES OPPURTUNITY
STOCK MARKET..........WHY , for whom no, neat/bolt function........concept of software
OPTION /FUTURE.........leverage tool, derisk vs speculation,pricing model like black scoles/binomial..........danger associated in trading
RISK RETURN STUDY.........risk premium,expected return ,variance, beta,capm
PORTFOLIO THEORY........efficient market, portfolio diversification,markowiz model ,indexing,sharpe ratio,portfolio performance ,arbitrage
FUNDAMENTAL..............INDUSTRY ANALYSIS,govt policy,burgain power of buyer,substitute product,PORTAR MODEL
STOCK PICKING..........MANAGEMENT QUALITY,LIFE CYCLE OF A STOCK,operation profit/operating asset,analyzing non financial aspect of company,leadership in sector,emerging blue chip,cyclic turnaround defensive stock
SECTOR AND ITS LEADER..........banking, hotel, power,pharma, metal, fmcg, refinery, cement , auto, software..................[idea i learn from equitymaster.com]
SCENARIO ANALYSIS
BEHAVIORAL FINANCE ............aspect of repeatative mistake
ta...............which indicator suit u...........learn to read volume , overbought oversold market,mometum and stoploss,leverage to winner / cut loss early
YOUR CHECKLIST...............SCREENING CRITERIA, WATCHLIST,SYNCRONISATION technique
hope u find enjoyable

oilman5

so far i have idea on something INVESTMENT.........BOOKISH BUT practical application.
next some idea i give on trading...........i have written on it but controversial yet tested in time by many professional/senior trader.here gist comes
......................TRADING IS MORE WITH PSYCHOLOGY,BUSINESS ,WAR

FIRST decide why trading?what u want to after 3yr......after 5yr/8yr?
study ur personal life.........ur strength , what u do when u find something wrong?
your skill development attitude...........commitment level
...........ur comfort level
life is oneway............trading another way......NONO
HOW TO COPE FINANCIAL LOSS
AVOID ROAD OF SELF DESTRUCTION.........CONSCIOUSLY STOP IT
BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION TO IMPROVE.......TAKE ego pride out of u..........they r main hindrance in trading
AVOID COMPULISIVE BEHAVIOR
PREPARE STRONG FOUNDATION............MAKE U A BETTER TRADER AFTER 3YR,STRATEGIC PLAN............STEADY DETERMINATION
UNDERSTAND AND FACE REALITY
..............FOLLOW MOMENTUM AND INERTIA..........
UNDERSTAND PRICE...........WHEN IT TAKES UP SPEED
CHANGE IS LAW............IN TRADING/IN MARKET /IN U
COMMIT TO CHANGE FOR +,IF THINGS OK........DISCIPLINE NOT TO CHANGE FROM IT
COMMITMENT TO CHECK A/C URSELF
REASON OF UR DOWNFALL..........AVOID OVERTRADING
ENVIRONMENT TO SUCCESS .........IMP
HAVE A PUNCHLIST.............TIME AND PRIORITY CONCEPT
UNDERSTAND MONEY MANAGEMENT...........READ RYAN JONES

oilman5

so far i have idea on something INVESTMENT.........BOOKISH BUT practical application.
next some idea i give on trading...........i have written on it but controversial yet tested in time by many professional/senior trader.here gist comes
......................TRADING IS MORE WITH PSYCHOLOGY,BUSINESS ,WAR

FIRST decide why trading?what u want to after 3yr......after 5yr/8yr?
study ur personal life.........ur strength , what u do when u find something wrong?
your skill development attitude...........commitment level
...........ur comfort level
life is oneway............trading another way......NONO
HOW TO COPE FINANCIAL LOSS
AVOID ROAD OF SELF DESTRUCTION.........CONSCIOUSLY STOP IT
BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION TO IMPROVE.......TAKE ego pride out of u..........they r main hindrance in trading
AVOID COMPULISIVE BEHAVIOR
PREPARE STRONG FOUNDATION............MAKE U A BETTER TRADER AFTER 3YR,STRATEGIC PLAN............STEADY DETERMINATION
UNDERSTAND AND FACE REALITY
..............FOLLOW MOMENTUM AND INERTIA..........
UNDERSTAND PRICE...........WHEN IT TAKES UP SPEED
CHANGE IS LAW............IN TRADING/IN MARKET /IN U
COMMIT TO CHANGE FOR +,IF THINGS OK........DISCIPLINE NOT TO CHANGE FROM IT
COMMITMENT TO CHECK A/C URSELF
REASON OF UR DOWNFALL..........AVOID OVERTRADING
ENVIRONMENT TO SUCCESS .........IMP
HAVE A PUNCHLIST.............TIME AND PRIORITY CONCEPT
UNDERSTAND MONEY MANAGEMENT...........READ RYAN JONES

hi, excellent comments and discussion
i enjoy ...
fa vs. ta..who wins...?
since 2months over...can kk and cv gives honest REPLY.their present equity
curve? how much they earn in last 2months??
[ as a fool i hold..a great FUNDAMENTAL MISTAKE..i lose..PAY FOR MY POOR
EXECUTION ...I fail, u win syndrome]
....kk ..the great fundamentalist..hope UNDERSTAND..global meltdown...
cv..[ ex fund manager..i dont know REALLY AGAIN SERVING or not]
definitely EARNS..MORE...AS SHORTING IS A TOOL for pro...
a ta practitioner can definitely TELL WHAT MAY HAPPEN...

so u and i . all greater fool...KNOW ..WHOM TO FOLLOW...
BY THE WAY...FOR ALL BUDDING TRADER...
PL FOLLOW TA...
ALL BUDDING INVESTOR..PL FOLLOW FA..+ CONTRARIAN VIEW

FOR JUNKIES[INVESTRADER...HOLD THE LOSER...]GO HOME

MAN DO U KNOW WHERE MARKET IS HEADING?ITS NOT FOR SISI'S
another old post

Hi,

This is Chandan here, even I am new to this Trading Technology. Was going thru some of the threads posted here and they are really interesting.

I have a query on the "Market Depth" term. When ever I click on the Market Depth tab, I would see the following details:
1. Best 5 Ask
2. Best 5 Bids
3. Total Bid Qty
4. Total Ask Qty
5. O
6. P
7. H
8. L
9. Total Qty
10. Avg. Rate

Can any one help me in figuring out what these actually mean in layman language.

I am sorry, this might be a very silly question, but I would like to know on this.

Thanks,
Chandan