Trade in MINIFTY

columbus

for analysis of minifty, do we have to see the seperate chart of minifty or we can use the nifty fut chart & nifty fut levels.as the values of minifty & nifty fut is different.
also O.I. is very less i suppose.
pls advise.

To be frank I use NIFTY chart for Nifty futures.(Provided there are no HUGE discounts/premiums).Hence no separate chart is required to be monitored for MINI-NIFTY.

hello friends, what is the difference between mini nifty and nifty?
Nothing. Both use the same NSE50 as underlying. The only difference is in the lot size. Nifty has a lot size of 50 whereas Mini Nifty has a lot size of 20. Rest is same.

Cheers
Abhi

columbus

Nothing. Both use the same NSE50 as underlying. The only difference is in the lot size. Nifty has a lot size of 50 whereas Mini Nifty has a lot size of 20. Rest is same.

Cheers
Abhi
Though both of them use same UNDERLYING (Nifty) with different lot size ,there is also a MINOR difference of couple of points this way or that way.

biyasc

To be frank I use NIFTY chart for Nifty futures.(Provided there are no HUGE discounts/premiums).Hence no separate chart is required to be monitored for MINI-NIFTY.
in that way you would'nt be able to pinpoint your entry by using sl orders. you have to buy in market/limit price. so there is chance of missing few points after a breakout/down. or sometimes it may give you some extra points also:D. i prefer to use the chart for individual instrument/s.

Flock

Same here. It is better to use the chart of the contract that you are trading. Better not to use the underlying or something else.

BTW, did you guys notice that the online contract with underlying chart on NSE is giving wrong chart for the last several days. The contract is out of phase (delayed) by more than 5-7 minutes while the underlying is correct. Haver written to NSE. Got a reply, promising to sort the issue (if it exists). :)