Thoughts on Day/Swing Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ST Sir,

Can you please also provide a reason on above opinion as would help to clear doubt and understand better.

Few posts below, i saw a discussion where it was fine to go short below low of a aggressive pivot in a down move ( SL as top of aggressive pivot ) and it looks a similar scenario here where we have multiple privots ( inside bars ) after a big down bar in the second short marked by Avad.

Thanks,
T2P
Dear T2P,

Nothing against shorting a aggressive pivot, but the bars preceeding it decides whether this is a good place to short. In this case, we printed a bar which closed at the new low.....a strong bearish bar as a opening bar and the next bar is a bullish candle closing above 50 % of the bearish candle.....also a kind of failure of the pivot low breakdown.After that the market is going sideways so either we go long above the high of the first bearish candle ( if the MA and other thins permit by then ) or we short below the low of the bullish candle .....

I have no idea as to what happened after that but chance of reversal to upmove is strong based on the bar pattern and the fact that the move has already played out the earlier day...

Smart_trade

VIKAS 21

Dear ST Sir

following your methods and strategies and learning from them.

1. multiple time frame trading

2. Td reversal point strategy

but the problem i am facing in range boung market, you are providing excellent guidance but still i am facing the problem, today (11-07-12) i got hit my two consecutive stop loss hit in nifty future & i got my morale down though i took my trade with the help of multiple time frame.

Sir will you give some insight how to know that today's market is a range bound market,

i took my trade on 5 minute time frame on cracking of PL of 30 min time frame but then too mine SL got hit.

Thanks

Just study the chart posted and see how we take trades in both direction. In my experience only 15 -20 % days we will have unidirectional moves. In rest 80-85 % days we will have 2-3 price swings in any trading day.

We can catch these price swings if we have a good knowledge of trends .I will not be able to explain the trends concepts here in this thread as that is a matter of a separate thread. But just see the clearly visible pivots and see how the market changes the swing direction once these pivots are broken on upside or downside. So here we trade without having any bias...we adjust our steps as the market moves and changes its direction.

Smart_trade
i am not able to send pm error is that you are not permiteed:mad::mad::annoyed:

mangup

ST da,

Today at around 1430 to 1440 hrs VWAP was more than LTP by around 40 pts suggesting that longs are trapped. But seems that it has not worked as expected. Can u pl suggest whether today was the day to trade as per that or something also needs to be watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.