Thought of the day

Is This thread useful to anyone????

• This thread is hopeless

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

praveen taneja

Message for the day

The method for easy progress is to claim the blessings of all.

Projection:
Sometimes we find ourselves making a lot of effort and putting in a lot of energy for getting something done. Yet we find that the results are not according to the efforts that we have put in. We then begin to wonder it happens so.

Solution:
To be able to give happiness to those around is to increase the speed of my progress. For this I need to pay special attention to keep giving happiness and not giving sorrow to those around me. This brings me their blessings and these subtle wishes bring me happiness and success easily.

praveen taneja

To try to be a millionaire in this incarnation is really much more difficult than to be a true son of God. Earthly environment is so limited that many people die without having become what they want to be. But to know God is possible in one lifetime, because you don't have to acquire Him; He is already your own.

praveen taneja

A teacher teaching Math's to seven-year-old Kazim asked him, "If I give you one apple and one apple and one apple, how many apples will you have?" Within a few seconds Kazim replied confidently, "Four!"

The dismayed teacher was expecting an effortless correct answer (three). She was disappointed. "Maybe the child did not listen properly," she thought. She repeated, "Kazim, listen carefully. If I give you one apple and one apple and one apple, how many apples will you have?"

Kazim had seen the disappointment on his teacher's face. He calculated again on his fingers. But within him he was also searching for the answer that will make the teacher happy. His search for the answer was not for the correct one, but the one that will make his teacher happy. This time hesitatingly he replied, "Four..."

The disappointment stayed on the teacher's face. She remembered that Kazim liked strawberries. She thought maybe he doesn't like apples and that is making him loose focus. This time with an exaggerated excitement and twinkling in her eyes she asked, "If I give you one strawberry and one strawberry and one strawberry, then how many you will have?"

Seeing the teacher happy, young Kazim calculated on his fingers again. There was no pressure on him, but a little on the teacher. She wanted her new approach to succeed. With a hesitating smile young Kazim said, "Three?"

The teacher now had a victorious smile. Her approach had succeeded. She wanted to congratulate herself. But one last thing remained. Once again she asked him, "Now if I give you one apple and one apple and one more apple how many will you have?"

Promptly Kazim answered, "Four!"

The teacher was aghast. "How Kazim, how?" she demanded in a little stern and irritated voice.

In a voice that was low and hesitating young Kazim replied, "Because I already have one apple in my bag."

Moral of the Story: "When someone gives you an answer that is different from what you expect don't think they are wrong. There maybe an angle that you have not understood at all. You will have to listen and understand, but never listen with a predetermined notion."

praveen taneja

There came a big flood, and the water around Bhola's house was rising steadily..

Bhola was standing on the porch, watching water rising all around him, when a man in a boat came along and called to Bhola, "Get in the boat and I'll get you out of here. Bhola replied, "No thanks, God will save me."

Bhola went into the house, and the water was starting to pour in. So, he went up to the second floor.

As he looked out, another man in a boat came along, and he called to Bhola, "Get in the boat and I'll get you out of here."

Again, Bhola replied, "No thanks. God will save me."

The water kept rising. So, Bhola got out onto the roof.

A helicopter flew over, and the pilot called down to Bhola, "I'll drop you a rope,grab onto it, and I'll get you out of here."

Again Bhola replied, "No thanks. God will save me."

The water rose and rose, and soon nearly covered the whole house. Bhola fell in, and drowned.

When he arrived in Heaven, he saw God, and asked Him, "Why didn't you save me from that terrible flood? Did I not show you my faith?"

With a loving but irritated tone God replied, "What more would you have me do? I sent people in two boats and a helicopter."

praveen taneja

Prayer is not a spare wheel that you

pull out when you are in trouble.

Use it as a steering wheel, that

keeps you on the right path

through out your life.

praveen taneja

Tvameva Maata cha Pitaa tvameva
Tvameva Bandhus cha sakha tvameva
Tvameva Vidyaa dravinam tvameva
Tvameva Sarvam mama devadeva

My dear Bhagvan Krishna! You are my mother, father, brother, sister, friend, teacher, maintainer, protector and my dear Bhagavan. You are everything for me and I am completely dependent upon You. You are mine and I am Yours! Whatever things I have are actually Yours. I want to use Your things given by in Your service.My dear Bhagvan Ram! I want to remember You all the time. May I never forget You! May I remember You all the time! Please help me remember You while I am doing my activities.

praveen taneja

thanks praveen...i got mine
Bro no need of thanx its for us all :thumb:

Don't give up when you still have something to give.
Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

praveen taneja

I Asked God

I asked God to take away my pain.
God said, No
It is not for me to take away,
but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No
Her spirit was whole,
her body was only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No
Patience is a by-product of tribulations;
it isn't granted, it is earned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No
I give you blessings.
Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.

God said, No
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.

God said, No
You must grow on your own,
but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No
I will give you life
so that you may enjoy all things.

I ask God to help me LOVE others,
as much as he loves me.
God said...
Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

praveen taneja

The secret of life is to make the best
of whatever comes along,
Make every day fresh and new,
Go in search of knowledge and experience.