Thought for the day

sh50

Time for another thought. This thought somewhat synergises with the original thought and what followed and it will also explains the market profile that Amitbe does not seem to have understood. I have mentioned this elsewhere

" Hobbies are more a measure of a man than profession is"

Five years ago when I did not know TA at all, I came across an interesting article on trading in which the writer said, " Don't come to the sharemarket just for earning money. I am here because I love shares". I found that very interesting.

My own father eats, drinks and sleeps shares. He turned around a small sick company but then refused to join back his earlier bigger company(he was told to turnaround the Chairman's brother-in-law's company) because he could be his own boss and do his real thing, the sharemarket and needless to mention, he did very very well. He can watch CNBC from early morning to late evening(I don't think I could do that even if Mitali appeared in all her shades)

This is a classic case of "Make your passion your profession" another noble thought. Unfortunately, unlike shares all hobbies do not have a good market profile and therefore everybody is not so lucky. I wonder how many of you are really passionate about shares(earning money apart-"Man cannot live by bread alone"-another noble thought.). Though I enjoy shares in graphs in TA, I can't discuss themselves endlessly like my father. I also find day to day discussions on which share went where a little monotonous and mundane. But from those among you who find this interesting, I really envy you because one of the best things that could happen to you in life is that you are able to earn through what you love to do because then, all your waking hours are like the great Thomas Edison who despite working 18 hours a day said, " I never worked in my life. It was all fun". For how many of you, shares are fun? By this I don't mean that the money angle should be completely ignored; I hope you will respond with the context in mind:-

"There is one thing in this world, which you must never forget to do.
Human beings come into this world to do particular work.
That work is their purpose, and each is specific to the person.
If you forget everything else and not this, there's nothing to worry about.
If you remember everything else and forget your true work,
then you will have done nothing in your life. "
Rumi

Joy, my hotmail capacity is limited and saturated. Another email is [email protected]. My name is Hiren Shah by the way. Since this will be your first email put "from traderji" in the subject please.

Last edited:
saint said:
always look forward to the poetic contributions in this forum.........but this one,I have to take to the translator! :)
Saint my friend, you've to get the whole song translated by Amit for you. Shailendra the poet deserves no less.....................

Attachments

jaideep said:
Saint my friend, you've to get the whole song translated by Amit for you. Shailendra the poet deserves no less.....................
Thx Jaideep...... :)