The Best Trading System

What do you like or dislike on this thread?

• Like: Trading Theory, Psy Ops, Myth Busters

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Like: Trading Systems

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Like: Everything on this thread

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Dislike: Too much theory, not enough actionable items

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Dislike: Systems discussed are found as useless

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Dislike: Everything on this thread

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
The reason i donot use any indicators (Not even OBV) in my positional trades is because more often than not they get you out of your positions prematurely and it becomes very difficult to enter again as you get busy trading it intraday. So i treat intraday and positional seperately. In BN i have also entered a positional trade around 2 weeks ago when i picked up a 18300 call at 149 when the 36EMA gave a buy signal at around 18400. It went up almost a 1000 points from there.

I have already made more than 700 points in that position. Yesterday i rolled over to a 19000 CE at around Rs.230 (Paying a premium of Rs.80 over future price). I know this fresh position is in loss as today it closed around Rs.70 but then discipline is a must in positional trades. I could have got out any time but i chose not to as i have earned more than the cost of this in the previous expiry. Moreover i have more than made up for this loss in my intraday trades and if BN goes down any further i just might buy a lower strike price call on monday by investing Rs.25 / Rs.30 more per 100 points. The basic idea is to remain long till the signal is in place.

southpaw

I have already made more than 700 points in that position. Yesterday i rolled over to a 19000 CE at around Rs.230 (Paying a premium of Rs.80 over future price). I know this fresh position is in loss as today it closed around Rs.70 but then discipline is a must in positional trades. I could have got out any time but i chose not to as i have earned more than the cost of this in the previous expiry. Moreover i have more than made up for this loss in my intraday trades and if BN goes down any further i just might buy a lower strike price call on monday by investing Rs.25 / Rs.30 more per 100 points. The basic idea is to remain long till the signal is in place.
how do u deal with oct and nov when prices keep fluctuating above and below 36 ema

South Paw ji this method i adopt is not discretionary. I donot tweak any rule. Just plain be long above 36EMA closing levels and short below it. As i said it may and it does give whips. You just have to live with it. That is why i choose to trade in options in this method as not only is the risk less but also it does not go to zero even in a failed trade. And then again i am willing to loose these 50/100 points in a few weeks (which i tend to more than make up in my intraday trades) if i end up making thousands of points in the trades that go my way.

southpaw

South Paw ji this method i adopt is not discretionary. I donot tweak any rule. Just plain be long above 36EMA closing levels and short below it. As i said it may and it does give whips. You just have to live with it. That is why i choose to trade in options in this method as not only is the risk less but also it does not go to zero even in a failed trade. And then again i am willing to loose these 50/100 points in a few weeks (which i tend to more than make up in my intraday trades) if i end up making thousands of points in the trades that go my way.
thanks a lot for the quick response :D:thumb: