Taking delivery to cut loss in day trading.

rajputz

Experienced traders please help.

In day trading, after buying a script if its price falls too much, then instead of booking loss or exiting at stop loss level, is it a workable idea to take delivery.It can be sold next day or after few days at all inclusive cost price.

In this strategy one should not use leverage, also one may be left with no fund to trade in subsequent days. This is a bearable drawback as, if you book loss to make fund available for subsequent trading, it will take time to make up the loss through profits.

i have been trading for months...and following rules according to me is the best

"never ever hold any scirpt"

"Increase the number of trades you do per day according to trend (if cant identify the trend then use indicators like macd or stochastics or moving averages - learn them)"

"follow strict stopsloss and maintain the discipline"

rajputz

hahaha...marriage with an extra marital affair...too good to resist and some times u got caught at wrong terms...

Hi,
I quite deny with most of you.
In fact, the very western method of avoiding 'averaging' at all costs, has not helped me.
Infact,I was able to cut my losses, and go into minimal profits by averaging the stock,i held for some time-bought at a high level and holding and averaging at lower levels!!!
The only requisite is one need's regular 'cash' or funds inflow to average such positions! and the stocks going low must be quite well averagely traded on the exchange-not" z'scrips or penny stocks!

Futures trading -is too risky,no comments or No averaging for it!as MTM loses pile up along with brokerage commissions!
I find most of the trades hit the stoploss quite often ,if the differance in price is less and it is sheer waste of your precious money without trading and only hitting stoploss levels!

earthy8

D

darkstar

sorry dear but i beg to differ, i am a daytrader i never take loss home . if in my time frame i had negative return . i soon realize that i committee mistake i cut loss and Waite for next opportunity . in my eye market is like bus stop if you miss one than wait next bus is came for you ( in this case stock ). following this strategy i made loss to little that its not bother me for more than five minute . ya but i wanna tell you in starting i loss, i lose my confidence not even to think trade again even i know this is better opportunity.