Systematic Investment Plan

Yes, Your each SIP will be locked for 3 years. So after 3 years you can withdraw your first months installment. After 3 year 1 month you can withdraw your 2nd month like that it goes. Always keep in mind ELSS are for long term investment [ie 5-10 years].
Yes, it is same like as I mentioned in my above post. Am I right?

i am new to MFs, just started investing recently, aged 24, medium risk appetite.

SIPs (Rs 6000 total)
16.6% in HDFC Top 200
16.6% in Reliance Growth
16.6% in HDFC Prudence

want to put in rest 33% in reliance MIP and rest 16.6% in some equity diversified (thinkin about DSP BR Top 100 or Reliance equity opportunities, ICICI Pru Dynamic)

some how i don't wanna put lump sum amounts in liquid funds, their rate of returns are nearly similar to savings bank.

and if i kept lump sum amounts into liquid funds, how quickly can i redeem them? If i can instantly transfer to/from my Bank account through internet banking instantly, it would be really beneficial.

I want to invest in ELSS, but what if i needed that amount during emergency needs before the lockin period?

Last edited:
Hi Experts

I am planning to invest through SIP 1500 Rs Per month for maxumum of 10 years .
Could you please suggest me a plan for me . I am so confused due to lot of schemes.
Also dont forget to mention what will will be the amount i will get at the end of 0years.

Hey ajay_ijn, search for STP (Systematic transfer plan) where u invest lumpsum in liquid (short term) funds and do systematic transfer to a fund of ur choice within the same company. For eg., dump some amount in HDFC high interest short term fund and transfer into say, HDFC Top 200 monthly just like SIP.

Hey ajay_ijn, search for STP (Systematic transfer plan) where u invest lumpsum in liquid (short term) funds and do systematic transfer to a fund of ur choice within the same company. For eg., dump some amount in HDFC high interest short term fund and transfer into say, HDFC Top 200 monthly just like SIP.
yeah i am plannin to do that, but i was asking how quickly can we redeem units from liquid funds. Suppose there is emergency financial needs that has to be met.

I heard about Reliance ATM card, we can withdraw 50% of amount from HDFC ATMs. but what are charges levied for that?

If you have opted for electronic fund transfer that you will get the proceeds by the 3rd-4th day.

There are no charges for use of the Reliance ATM card. Exit loads, if applicable will apply.

Hi guys,
I am 32 yrs and have started SIP plan in HDFC top 200 of 2000 rs/mnth.
I want to start another SIP of Rs 2000/mnth.
I have seen the Valuesearchonline ratings and read your forums posts also.I have decided to invest in BSL dividend yield plus -Growth plan .
pLs give me your valuable opinion on my choice of fund.
Or else suggest me a better fund to invest. I am planning to invest in both these SIPs for around 5 years from now
Thanking You all ...

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I am 32 yrs and have started SIP plan in HDFC top 200 of 2000 rs/mnth.
I want to start another SIP of Rs 2000/mnth.
I have seen the Valuesearchonline ratings and read your forums posts also.I have decided to invest in BSL dividend yield plus -Growth plan .
pLs give me your valuable opinion on my choice of fund.
Or else suggest me a better fund to invest. I am planning to invest in both these SIPs for around 5 years from now
Thanking You all ...
hello!
BSL dividend yield plus -Growth plan is basically a midcap+smallcap oriented fund. these kind of funds have a high risk tag with them.
if u r prepared 4 that then go for this sip. o'wise i will suggest to start sip in:

DSP BR Top100 Gr
Birla SL Frontline Equity or
Rel Growth - it has a mid cap tilt & gr8 track record

mr india