Swing Bank Nifty - With Backtested report !

HAS THIS THREAD HELPED YOU IN TRADING ?

• Total voters
From the beginning of this thread till now its been about 2.5 months and in these 2.5 months we have gained about 2000 Banknifty points which gives us the average of around 800 points/month , which very well matches with the report of the backtest , which also had an average of 800 points/month.

Now if you remove brokerage and slippages , the average still comes to around 650-700 points/month.

I am off for a few days...so enjoy trading !! :thumb:
Hi Areebs,
Sorry dear I was not in touch since few weeks,
where are you now a days??
Veen

areebs

According to me, If Nifty can cross 5550 and sustain over it for 2-3 days then the next target could be 5900 or so . But if it doesnot cross 5550 and falls then it could fall back to 4500-4700 which sounds impossible but that is what the market has proven in the last 3 yrs.

4500 < 4700 < 4840 < 4930 < 5130 < 5180 < 5220 < 5400 > 5550 > 5800/5900
As projected , after crossing 5550, Nifty has very clearly headed to its target of close to 5900.

From here, Nifty actually has no upward resistance other than its Jan 2008 high but on the downside its made for itself very strong support zones of
5550 < 5350 < 5220 .

All in all , the markets looking strong but overbought.Corrections of anywhere between 4-7% should be expected after such moves.

areebs

Hi Areebs,
Sorry dear I was not in touch since few weeks,
where are you now a days??
Veen
Hello Veen !

Well , I have been busy trading and improving my system hence havent been active here.

I will be busy in the coming days hence will not be active but will surely login sometimes to check whats new in here.

I am attaching the results of my latest trading system in the next post.

How have you been doing these days ?

Enjoy trading ! :thumb:

areebs

After making many changes to my existing system , I am attaching the results here.

I have already included the brokerage of 4 points per trade and 10 points of slippage per trade in the backtest so nothing else needs to be deducted from it.

As I have mentioned above , I wont be so active here , hence my replies will take time.

Happy trading :thumb:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
After making many changes to my existing system , I am attaching the results here.

I have already included the brokerage of 4 points per trade and 10 points of slippage per trade in the backtest so nothing else needs to be deducted from it.

As I have mentioned above , I wont be so active here , hence my replies will take time.

Hello areebs ji,

If you are not going to be so active then how are you going to post your live calls from now.

regards

areebs

The advantage I see in Banknifty over Nifty is that BankNifty naturally consists of only Banking stocks which on a general have a similar trend, obviously there are days when their trends vary , but on most days, the larger stocks like SBI,HDFC,ICICI,PNB and few more which make up most of the Banknifty index have similar trends or moves,which leads to either one directionof the index.
Whereas in Nifty,its a mixed lot of stocks from different sectors so the trend is not formed so easily,unless its a big bullish/bearish day.
Trend can be against you also ,but in general I feel for swing trades,Banknifty works better than Nifty.As I saw your thread I guess its intraday,so I really cant comment on it.But as you have started it recently,work on it and hopefully you will get success soon ! :thumb:
hi Areebs
one thought, if u could clarify, why do u only trade bnf and not other stock futures??

regards
I had given a small explanation on why I prefer to trade Banknifty over Nifty , I have attached it here.

Basically, I believe every trader has his different style and technique of trading. I will not trade any stock or index unless I have studied it well enough to know how the scrip behaves over a period of time. So instead of studying various scrips, I chose Banknifty , as it provides a better trend than Nifty , and I have made my mechanical system based around the behaviour of Banknifty which has given good results.

areebs

Hello areebs ji,

If you are not going to be so active then how are you going to post your live calls from now.

regards
I will not be posting live calls . As I stay very busy during the market hours , it will not be possible for me to post the calls. And I donot see any sense in posting the calls after market hours as it wont help anyone .
The reason I had posted the Live calls earlier was just to show that the system works in realtime too , as some members had their doubts then.

columbus

I had given a small explanation on why I prefer to trade Banknifty over Nifty , I have attached it here.

Basically, I believe every trader has his different style and technique of trading. I will not trade any stock or index unless I have studied it well enough to know how the scrip behaves over a period of time. So instead of studying various scrips, I chose Banknifty , as it provides a better trend than Nifty , and I have made my mechanical system based around the behaviour of Banknifty which has given good results.
Hi Areebs,

I second your opinion.I think just 4 stocks SBI,ICICI,HDFC and Axis Bank
control over 70% of Bank Nifty.So Bank Nifty follows trend more closely.
If all 4 are in RED ,down trend and if all 4 are in GREEN then Up trend.
Some in RED and some in Green ,then follow NIFTY.In other words we have
lesser stocks to MONITOR.
More over, by virtue of high value of Banknifty ,OVER-BOUGHT and OVER-SOLD
areas are well marked.(It is purely my personal experience).

I will not be posting live calls . As I stay very busy during the market hours , it will not be possible for me to post the calls. And I donot see any sense in posting the calls after market hours as it wont help anyone .
The reason I had posted the Live calls earlier was just to show that the system works in realtime too , as some members had their doubts then.
Hello areebs ji,
Thanks for your reply. You are not going to post live calls then what is the solution if somebody wants to follow your system and try to trade with that. Can you please provide a solution for them.

regards