Suggestion on Commodity

Hi eveyone,

New on commodity a simple question can you all please tell me or suggest any books or website from where I can gain knowledge on this segment and

2) commodity have future segment does it also have options also like CA and PA like we have in cash market.

3) What is the margin which one has to keep with a broker to start trading

4) What sites would you like to recommend and books which can help me learner it more clearly.

I am totally new in this segment so please advice me

all comments are welcome.

Regards,
YashDC

1) The Commodities can be divided into Metals and Agro.
Both have their own inherent nature. Both are affected by different factors.
a) Metals - By International Factors, Dollar Rates, Interest Rates, Crude, Geo Political Stability, etc.
b) Agro - Generally by Season, Crop, Imports, Rains, MOST IMPORTANT INDIAN MARKET OPERATORS WHO ARE RIPPING SMALL AND BIG INVESTORS ALIKE.

2) COMMODITIES AS OF now have only Futures and no options.

3) The Initial Margin is decided by the exchange , ranging from 5 % to 20 % which is changed as per volatility. The brokers mark it up by 5 to 10 %

4) Sites as :
a) Traderji,
b) Commoditiescontrol
c) kitco
d) mcxindia
e) ncdexindia

Hope this solves your immediate problem. For learning the rest, you put some money in the market, you'll come out GRADUATE.

Rgrds,

vkmishra

T

takechance

I read somewhere the initial amount to be deposited to the broker is 2.5 Lakhs. Is that true? If not, with what minimum capital one can start?