Suggest the best free tech analysis software

I found the OPTION IMPORT & EXPORT DATA.But couldn't find DOWNLOAD HISTORICAL DATA.Where is it available? How many MBs will it take to download?
Historical data can be downloaded from nse. Each days data download will be around 60 kb. It will depend how many days data you download from nse to import in Fchart. Please go through the following link to understand how to download historical data and import the same to Fchart.

http://www.traderji.com/software/15055-how-import-eod-fcharts.html

Post all your queries relating to Fchart in the thread Software - Fchart.

Cheers

Himadri

Isn't DATA for NIFTY available in the F-CHART as available in the METASTOCK? This is because I found the SCRIP NIFTYBEES.But couldn't find the NIFTY.Another question is HOW TO EDIT the INDICATORS i.e. REMOVE or REPLACE the default INDICATORS & How to CHANGE the CHART PATTERN i.e.from BAR CHART to CANDLE STICK or vice-versa.?

Isn't DATA for NIFTY available in the F-CHART as available in the METASTOCK? This is because I found the SCRIP NIFTYBEES.But couldn't find the NIFTY.Another question is HOW TO EDIT the INDICATORS i.e. REMOVE or REPLACE the default INDICATORS & How to CHANGE the CHART PATTERN i.e.from BAR CHART to CANDLE STICK or vice-versa.?
You can also download Nifty eod from nse with the same data extractor. You will have to download indices and convert the same before importing to Fchart.

To change chart pattern, right click mouse on the main chart and select chart as per your choice from the Charts menu.

And you can select indicator directly from quick select overlay menu by right clicking the mouse button.

Before using any chart, Please also go through the help file in details to know more about its operation.

Cheers

Himadri