stop loss order on squareoff of short sell in ODIN

absolute.zero

As you mentioned "short sell", and so you will have to buy for squaring off. For a normal square off (Buy) order you may use "RL" option, and you will have to use "SL" option for stop loss order. SL option will be visible in drop down menu below RL.:)

As you mentioned "short sell", and so you will have to buy for squaring off. For a normal square off (Buy) order you may use "RL" option, and you will have to use "SL" option for stop loss order. SL option will be visible in drop down menu below RL.:)
can you give me an example with any stock price ?

i short sell at 100, i wish to square off at 95, and my stop loss will be to buy or cover at 105.

now with SL option its telling me to put a figure less than 95 in the trigger price, thats incorrect !!!! it should alow me to put a higher figure than 95 which in my case is 105 !!!

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
can you give me an example with any stock price ?

i short sell at 100, i wish to square off at 95, and my stop loss will be to buy or cover at 105.

now with SL option its telling me to put a figure less than 95 in the trigger price, thats incorrect !!!! it should alow me to put a higher figure than 95 which in my case is 105 !!!
your example :

Short Sell @ 100....Now for Buy SL order you have to fill two prices, TP and LP..
Buy SL Trigger Price (TP) @ 105 (any figure above 100)
Limit Price (LP) @ 110 ( any figure above TP..ideally there should be a gap between TP and LP....Just in case there are no sellers @ TP)