Stocks To Keep A Close Eye On - Chapter II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavantGarde

Hi Talisman,

Thanks A Ton For Holding The Fort....:)

Hi,

Updated excel sheet of triggers of 14th & 23rd August.
Following stocks hit the target.

1) PATNI with 11.43% Profit (Next Target 538.85 S/L 369.20)
2) APTECH with 16.43% profit (Next Target 322.05 S/L 203.00)
3) MPHASIS with 12.59% profit (Next Target 713.55 S/L 490.10)
4) ORCHIDCHEM with 10.98% profit (Next Target 138.30 S/L 97.25)

Awaiting further targets for above mentioned scripts (If Any)

Regards,
Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

SavantGarde

Folks,

Some Targets That Were Achieved, Thanks To Ken For Pointing Them Out
& Talisman For Correction For Those That Were Given Previously

1) ABAN (Next Target 2044.80 S/L 1083.20)
2) VOLTAS (Next Target 178.40 S/L 133.60)
3) TV-18 (next Target 130.55 S/L 102.10)

If Anybody Comes Across Any Others, Please Let Me Know

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Last edited:

asnavale

Hi Anant,

Yes I meant the updater AFL that you had given earlier. I want to add he additional columns in the AFL
Thanks & Regards
ken
Hi Ken,

The Updater AFL I had posted is a stand alone version. That means it does not depend on any thing other than the data in the Ami data base. The actual buing price can not be programmed into it. It also takes the buying date which is supplied by the user through the parameters dialog box. Therefore, the AFL does not know how the Buy/Sell signals were generated and how the Target and Stop Loss were calculated. So, it can not give you the information such as Stop Loss Hit or Target Hit etc.

But if the AFL is part of the system which generates the triggers then it is possible to get this data in the exploration results. Presently I am trying to do it. I have succeeded in implementing this in the chart but not in the exploration. In the chart when you move the cursor (the vertical line) it will show you the information at that bar where it is resting. I will explain this with the following four screen shots. In the first figure, the cursor is on the bar where BUY was triggered. So it displays the message "Buy Triggered today. Buy this stock tomorrow". This message is in the top left corner, below the chart title. In the second figure the cursor is at another bar which is after the Buy trigger but before the Sell trigger. At this point it displays "Bought @XXXX, profit/Loss so far = YY.YY%. In the third figure the cursor is on the bar where SELL was triggered. Here it displays "Sell triggered today. Sell this stock tomorrow". In the fourth figure the cursor is after the Sell trigger but before the next Buy trigger. Here it displays "Sold @ZZZZ. Total Profit / Loss = NN.NN%. This works on any chart and the displayed message changes as you move along left or right in the chart area. This is possible because the AFL for the chart contains the logic for generating the triggers and and calculation of Buying Price and Selling price.The message generating part makes use of this logic.

If I have undertood you rightly, what you are asking is something similar to this where the exploration lists the SL/Target Hit in a column whenever it happens and is blank if no SL/Tgt is hit. Well, this can be done if the updater is part of the trigger generating AFL. At present I am working on it and once I get it working, I will post it.

Hi CNB,

The AFL is under test as you know already. A few small things are to be implemented such as what Ken has asked. It may take about two to three weeks. I will post it along with the logic used and with detailed explanation of each step. I will also explain step by step how the logic is converted into each line of the AFL code so that people new to AFL can easily understand how to write AFL when they have a logic for implementing. Till then please wait.

Regards

-Anant

kenneth

Hi Anant,

I had posted the reply on the mother thread...

Thanks Anant for your reply and saw the wonderful work you are doing. With my limited knowleage I have added the following columns to give the Target, SL and to indicate if the target,Sl is reached. If the target is reached, next day the new target will be given. Please correct the blanked out syntex and advise which will be the correct one.

AddColumn(BuyingPrice + (Ref(H,-1)-LLV(L,5)),"Target",1.2,colorGreen);
AddColumn(BuyingPrice -(Ref(H,-1)-LLV(L,5)),"SL",1.2,colorGreen);
//AddColumn(BuyingPrice + (H[BarNum - 1])-LLV(L,[BarNum-1],5),"Target",1.2,colorGreen);
//AddTextColumn(WriteIf(H > BuyingPrice + (H[BarNum - 1])-LLV(L,BarNum - 5),"YES","NO"),"Target Reached",1.2, colorGreen );
//AddTextColumn(WriteIf(L<BuyingPrice -(Ref(H,-1)-LLV(L,5)),"YES","NO"),"SL Hit",1.2,colorGreen);
AddTextColumn(WriteIf(H >BuyingPrice + (Ref(H,-1)-LLV(L,5)),"YES","NO"),"Target Reached",1.2, colorGreen );
AddTextColumn(WriteIf(L<BuyingPrice -(Ref(H,-1)-LLV(L,5)),"YES","NO"),"SL Hit",1.2,colorGreen);

Thanks & Regards
ken

asnavale

Hi friends,

The New Triggers generated on 27-08-09 for trading on 28-08-09 are given below:

TRADE THESE TRIGGERS AT YOUR OWN RISK

Regards

-Anant

talisman

Savant Ji,

Updated list of all the triggers since May till August is attached below.

Few stocks require new targets and SL as they have achieved their first/2nd targets.

DCB
Wipro
GDL
LT
Jindalsteel
MoserBaer
Nalco
Praj
Bomdyeing
Hindalco
IRB
Hindoilexp